2003: slow sales, departures and comebacks
- Bad economic news? Here's what you can do. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;5/7/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p40
The article shares insights on handling business drop-off in the furniture industry. It is stressed that when business sales decline, it is important to continue the commercial advertising, since most of the retailers are cutting back advertising and promotion during such time. Moreover, the...
- Top 10 Canadian retailers. // Furniture/Today;11/29/2004 List Supplement, Vol. 29, p48
Presents the top 10 Canadian retailers in the U.S. Rankings of the company; Name of the company; Estimated Canadian furniture and bedding sales.
- July trading. // Cabinet Maker;9/8/2006, Issue 5504, p30
The article focuses on the trading performance in the furniture industry in Great Britain as of July 2006. Recent survey shows that there have been an upturn in the industry, specifically in upholstery which is considered to be its best performing sector. Some of the 58 percent of the retailers...
- Cantrex rolls out advertising strategy. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;5/25/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p10
The article reports on the launching of an advertising campaign by Cantrex Group Inc. to promote its products and services in Canada. The campaign is part of its strategy to recruit retailers into the organization. It focuses on the print, television and Internet promotion that will promote the...
- THE NECESSITY OF DRIVING SALES. Eaton, Bernard // Cabinet Maker;6/14/2013, Issue 5840, p34
The article examines the importance of the sale event as a tool for furniture retailers. According to the author, furniture retailers need to continually build their base of new customers even to maintain current sales. The author recommends an advertising campaign that communicates a price...
- AICO adding to San Fran showroom. // Furniture/Today;1/17/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p18
The article informs that the case goods importer AICO is adding over 5,000 square feet to its San Francisco market showroom for the winter market, bringing its total to more than 15,000. The new space is in the San Francisco Mart's Mart 1, space 836, adjacent to its current showroom. The...
- Rapport will help deal with the big sales issues. // Cabinet Maker;5/28/2004, Issue 5390, p6
Offers selling tips to retail furniture stores in Great Britain. Asking the right questions to potential customer; Taking into account customer size and weight; Importance of rapport between sales personnel and customer.
- Sales rise after January's fall. // Cabinet Maker;3/30/2007, Issue 5531, p6
The article reports on the business growth of Great Britain's furniture and lighting sales. According to the National Statistics, the country's furniture and lighting sales rose by 3.5 percent to Â£790.2 million as of February 2007. It could be attributed to the weak January as sales volume...
- The weak spot of promotions. // Furniture/Today;9/5/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p2
Comments on the promotional efforts adopted by some furniture retailers in the U.S. Pioneers of the trend; Effectiveness of the approach; Tendency of consumers to look for creativity.