Harveys ends the year on a high
- Harvey's revamp draws customers. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2000-12/22/2000, Issue 5218, p2
Reports on the impact of the store re-design made by furniture seller Harveys at its Cheltenham, England store, on sales.
- Harveys to change IFC offer after talks with OFT. // Cabinet Maker;5/10/2002, Issue 5286, p3
Reports the decision of furniture retailer Harveys to change its IFC offer following talks with the Great Britain Office of Fair Trading. Contract for an advertising deal; Emphasis on the misconceptions on the offer of IFC for advertising.
- Everybody loves branding, but who'll pay the freight? Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;11/22/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p33
Comments on the issues affecting the furniture industry in the U.S. Concerns on how to differentiate product, suppliers and retailers from one another; Advantage of using the brand word in communicating; Changes in marketing techniques.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;8/24/2007, Issue 5552, p5
The article offers local news briefs related to bedroom furniture industry in Great Britain. Recticel SA, a Belgian bedding manufacturer, is set to close its operation in Faversham, Kent. The Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers is holding a fast-track and intensive upholstery...
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;3/14/2008, Issue 5579, p37
The article reports on the business strategy applied by furnishing firm Artisan to update its point of sale (POS) in Great Britain in 2000. According to the report, the company has updated its POS with photography of its Eclipse range of curtain pole finails. The firm's range combines beech with...
- The importance of brand power. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;05/29/98, Issue 5090, p8
Highlights the 1998 National Bed Federation Conference, which focused on branded performance. Conference presenters; Topics discussed; Presentations on the value of brand management for bed manufacturers and retailers; Industry highlights.
- upfront. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p4
Reports developments in the furniture industry in the United States as of April 2001. Decline in furniture retail sales and factory shipments; Increase in sales of single-family homes; Sale performance of automotive fabric operations of Joan Fabrics.
- Make your presence felt. Britton, Linda // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2007, Issue 5534, p48
The article reports on the effectiveness of online marketing for the development of retail furniture trade in Great Britain. Online marketing provides opportunity to regenerate and attracts additional customers to patronized furniture products. Effective product development is described as the...
- Toronto: Solid 1st half. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;1/24/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p1
The article focuses on the sales growth in furniture market. The exhibitors at last week's furniture market in Toronto are confident that business will continue to be solid in the first half, although gains will be incremental as both retailers and consumers remain cautious. While product...