A new beginning
- Northern lights. // Cabinet Maker;5/23/2008, Issue 5587, p16
The article reports on developments related to the furniture retail industry in Scotland. The furniture industry in the country is weathering the economic slump better than the rest of Great Britain. In April 2008, there was a rise of 2% like-for-like sales across all sectors, up form 1.6% in...
- Women vs men in our 'good-ol'-boy' industry. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;6/5/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p52
The article reflects on the theme of the furniture industry, which focuses on having an appeal to women consumers. According to the author, while most retailers adopt this idea, this situation can not be always true to manufacturers. Based from what female retailers and buyers stress, sales...
- Sales get off to a cautious start. // Cabinet Maker;1/9/2004, Issue 5370, p3
Reports on the performance of the British furniture industry during the winter season of 2003. Decline of furniture and textile sales during the week after Christmas; Early Christmas sales promotions implemented by retailers; Rise in dining furniture sales; Year-to-date comparison.
- CONTENTS. Cooper, George // Cabinet Maker;6/29/2012, Issue 5794, p5
The article focuses on the use of sale by furniture retailers as a tool to fight against the effect of the downturn in Great Britain, wherein a research from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) confirms that retailers used sales to help drive footfall compared to previous years.
- Retail uptick boosts premarket mood. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p43
Reports that an increase in retail sales has influenced positive attitude of retailers in the pre-market activity of the furniture industry and trade in North Carolina. Companies that participated in the pre-market activity; Impact of the activity on the sales of furniture companies who signed...
- Mattress Firm gains 72 units. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;06/04/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p8
Presents the top 100 fast growing furniture firm in the United States. Percentage of sales increase for Mattress Firm; Achievement of the 270-store bedding specialty retailer of the best unit-count growth; Dominance of Super Stores of America in the equivalent-store sales.
- Retail Intelligence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p16
Reports development related to furniture industry in Europe as of December 2003. Sales of living cabinets; Increase in the sales of bedroom cabinet retailers; Annual growth sales of the industry.
- U.S. revises industry numbers. // Furniture/Today;8/20/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p14
Reports improvement in the furniture retail sales in the United States. Consumer demand for furniture and bedding; Increase in the consumer furniture spending; Comparison of the sales performance between 1998 and 1999.
- Ashley likes Las Vegas. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;5/2/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p1
The article informs that even before the first market here, Ashley Furniture Industries Inc. is set to triple its space with a new showroom in the second phase of the World Market Center. The manufacturer and importer will take 62,000 square feet on the top level of the 15-story, 1.6...