- A VOICE for the SPORT. Whitten, Phillip // Swimming World;Jul2005, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p6
Reflects on the achievements of U.S. swimmers Michael Phelps, Natalie Coughlin, Ian Thorpe and the rest. Pride expressed on the accomplishments of these athletes; Medals won by Phelps at the Athens Olympic Games in August 2004; Failure of Phelps to win the 2005 Laureus Award in May 2005; Records...
- Michael Phelps. // Swimming World & Junior Swimmer;Sep2003, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the achievement of swimmer Michael Phelps at the 2000 Sydney Olympics in New South Wales.
- Olympic Splash. Neiss, Jacqueline // Vanity Fair;Sep2004, Issue 529, p140
Profiles swimmer Michael Phelps in the U.S. Preparation of the athlete for the Olympics; Chance to match the single-year record of seven gold medals by swimmer Mark Spitz; Passion of his family in swimming.
- Spitz Take. Cazeneuve, Brian; Kennedy, Kostya; Bechtel, Mark // Sports Illustrated;2/23/2004, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p16
This article profiles United States swimmer Michael Phelps. As Michael Phelps narrowly missed breaking his 12th world record at the Spring National swimming championships in Orlando last week, his coach, Bob Bowman, stood at the edge of the pool, biting his program and pondering how his...
- Michael Reigns in Spain. // Swimming World & Junior Swimmer;Sep2003, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p30
Focuses on the achievement of eighteen-year-old Michael Phelps at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics in Spain.
- Mind Boggling. Cazeneuve, Brian // Sports Illustrated;4/9/2007, Vol. 106 Issue 15, p64
The article profiles U.S. Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps. He has earned the most gold medals in swimming world-championship history. Phelps took home eight Olympic medals at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Greece. He strained muscles in his back in 2004. He credits a routine of squats and...
- Water Boy. Reilly, Rick // Sports Illustrated;8/30/2004, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p110
The article profiles Olympic swimmer, Michael Phelps, and his success at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece. There went Michael Phelps again, virtually alone in the water, churning like a Waring blender, going after one last goal--a $5 blue-and-white inflatable kids' raft. Here's a guy...
- World Beater. Cazeneuve, Brian // Sports Illustrated;8/4/2003, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p74
In late June, Australia's former Olympic swimming coach insisted that 18-year-old Baltimore (Md.) phenom Michael Phelps had accomplished "nothing in the world" when measured against five-time Olympic medalist Ian Thorpe. At the world championships in Barcelona, Spain, Phelps became the first...
- UP & COMERS. RUTEMILLER, SHOSHANNA // Swimming World;Apr2013, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p27
An interview with swimmer Ethan Dang is presented. When asked about his practice schedule, Dang mentions that he works for two hours daily by following a typical schedule of 30 minutes on dry land followed by 90 minutes swimming. He states that 100 breaststrokes was his best event ever and his...