Effects of Boron Fertilization on the Yield and Some Yield Components of Bread and Durum Wheat
- durum wheat:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p458
A definition of the term "durum wheat" is presented. It refers to an ancient wheat grown since the Egyptian period. Moreover, durum wheat can be used in making bread and other bakery products. It can also be used in making pasta items such as macaro
- Boron distribution and mobility in navel orange grafted on citrange and trifoliate orange. Liu, Gui-Dong; Wang, Rui-Dong; Wu, Li-Shu; Peng, Shu-Ang; Wang, Yun-Hua; Jiang, Cun-Cang // Plant & Soil;Nov2012, Vol. 360 Issue 1/2, p123
Background and Aims: In China, boron (B) deficiency is frequently observed in citrus orchards, and is responsible for considerable loss of productivity and quality. A better understanding of B distribution and remobilization within orange plants is important for developing programs in rational...
- Boron deficiency in maize. Lordkaew, Sittichai; Dell, Bernard; Jamjod, Sansanee; Rerkasem, Benjavan // Plant & Soil;May2011, Vol. 342 Issue 1/2, p207
Boron (B) deficiency depresses wheat, barley and triticale yield through male sterility. On the basis of field responses to B fertilization, maize ( Zea mays L.) is affected by B deficiency in five continents. In a series of sand culture trials with maize subject to B0 (nil added B) and B20 (20...
- ProduÃ§Ã£o e qualidade da fruta do morangueiro sob influÃªncia da aplicaÃ§Ã£o de boro. Lemiska, Anderson; Pauletti, Volnei; Cuquel, Francine Lorena; Cassilha Zawadneak, Maria Aparecida // CiÃªncia Rural;abr2014, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p622
In strawberry production systems, fertilization with boron is one of the most cultural practices employed by producers, however its use incorrectly can compromise the production and quality of fruit. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of applying boron in the soil (0 and 4kg...
- Induced Mutations for Improving Production on Bread and Durum Wheat. Stamo, Ilirjana; Ylli, Ariana; Dodbiba, Andon // AIP Conference Proceedings;2007, Vol. 899 Issue 1, p747
Wheat is a very important crop and has been bred for food and its improvement is continuous from cross-breeding. Radiation and chemically induced mutations have provided variability in selection for novel varieties. Four bread and one durum wheat cultivars were exposed to gamma rays, Cs 137 with...
- Soil solution dynamics and plant uptake of cadmium and zinc by durum wheat following phosphate fertilization. Xiaopeng Gao; Flaten, Donald N.; Tenuta, Mario; Grimmett, Mark G.; Gawalko, Eugene J.; Grant, Cynthia A. // Plant & Soil;Jan2011, Vol. 338 Issue 1/2, p423
growth chamber study was conducted to evaluate the effect of application of phosphate fertilizer on soil solution dynamics of cadmium (Cd) and Cd accumulation in durum wheat ( Triticum turgidum L. var. durum). Treatments consisted of three phosphate fertilizer sources containing 3.4, 75.2, and...
- ...and may the best sperm win. // Redbook;Oct98, Vol. 191 Issue 6, p62
Reveals that a sperm's shape is a factor in the fertilization of an egg.
- Wind and snow damage in a thinning and fertilization experiment in Picea abies in southern Sweden Valinger, E.; Pettersson, N. // Forestry: An International Journal of Forest Research;1996, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p25
No abstract available.
- Response of young black cherry stands to fertilization Auchmoody, L. R. // Canadian Journal of Forest Research;Jun1982, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p319
No abstract available.