Time to Try InterNetworking
- Buyer beware. Moffitt, Clay // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/14/2011, p9
The article discusses the use of Internet for business enterprises and tackles website development. It mentions the employment of incubator and explores the primary content management systems in the market which include Joomla and Drupal. It also notes on the significance of an effective to the...
- Keying In On Web Site Promotion Strategies. Dysart, Joe // Multichannel News;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p9
Discusses various marketing and promotion strategies necessary for improving business of the web site companies in the United States. Need for easy-to-use directories in web search; Possible benefits of linking web pages with other non-competitive pages on the internet; Information on web...
- Why usability matters. Blunden, Paul // New Media Age;6/19/2003, Special section p3
Explains that usability is an important feature of Web sites which businesses with online presence should not take for granted. Incentives which business would gain by incorporating usability in Web design; Impact of simplified registration and purchase processes on revenue; Factors that...
- VAC Service Corp. Relaunches Web Site. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p16
Reports the relaunching of the VAC Service Corp. web site in Middletown, New York. Establishments of web sites; Provision of direct mail services; Extension of Internet service.
- Abusing Web readers. Small, Jay // Editor & Publisher;11/29/97 Supplement, Vol. 130 Issue 48, p32
Points out several Web site designs on the Internet which may aggravate site readers. Preference of readers on clicking rather than scrolling; Location of navigation links; Size of browser windows. INSETS: Managing expectations.;Handy URLs..
- Marketing and Communicating Web Development Efforts In-House. Guenther, Kim // Online;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p81
Traces the evolution of Web development efforts. Benefits of Internet technologies; Stages in Web development efforts; Characteristics of each stage.
- Standing out. Goldsborough, Reid // CMA Magazine;Oct98, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p35
Provides suggestions on how to make a Web site look more professional. Benefits of the Internet; Things to consider when designing a Web site.
- Choosing Web Content Management Solutions. Guenther, Kim // Online;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p84
No abstract available.
- Book Details Five Local Companies' Web Successes. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p9
Deals with the success of five Michigan companies in Web site development as depicted in the book 'Marketing Convergence,' by Susan Jones and Ted Spiegel. Change in the rules of Web site development; Background on Jones and Spiegel; Ideas which failed in the concept of Web site development.