- Rourke Introduces Reading and Writing Fluency Products. // Electronic Education Report;6/11/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p7
Rourke Classroom Resources, a division of Vero Beach, Florida-based Rourke Publishing, this quarter introduced two products designed to improve the reading and writing of elementary school students. Rourke Publishing, which has provided hardcover non-fiction books to libraries and school...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p7
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the United States as of September 22, 2003. Resignation of David Caron as senior vice president at Houghton Mifflin Co.; Appointments of Sylvia Metayer and Anthony Lucki as chief officers at Houghton Mifflin Co.;...
- People ... // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p8
Reports on career developments of executives of LaurelTech Integrated Publishing Solutions in the U.S. Collaboration of Michael Hodges with the company as the new president; Addition of Pamela Schoff as senior manager of the firm's production, art, and design department.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p6
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the U.S. Designation of Mark Cummings as vice-president and publisher of reference of Scholastic Library Publishing Inc.; Appointment of Pamela Smith as vice president for sales at Ingram Library Services Inc.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p6
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the U.S. Promotion of Suzanne Balaban as vice president and director of publicity at Schribner, a division of the Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group; Designation of Gene Brissie as editor in chief at...
- Shifting gears for a spell. Marks, Andrew // Crain's New York Business;4/19/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p17
Even before the executive Mary Winston's first day of work at Scholastic Inc., the newly installed chief financial officer discovered that there is something magical about working for the educational and entertainment company best known as the publisher of the Harry Potter series. Managing a...
- People... // Educational Marketer;4/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p7
Reports career development of executives of companies of publishers and publishing in the U.S. Selection of Alison Abrohms as vice president of publishing services for a school division by Nesbitt Graphics; Appointment of Elfreda Massie as vice president of strategic alliances at Harcourt...
- No Editors Allowed in Circulation. // Circulation Management;Oct2005, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p48
Presents a narrative of the author's experiences before becoming a circulation director. Problems with the author's typing skills; Philosophy applied in career management; Lessons learned from working in the field of journalism.
- People ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;1/9/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on career developments of executives in the U.S. publishing industry. Marilyn Quinsaat has been appointed vice president of publishing at ProQuest Information and Learning. Tina Jordan has assumed the position of vice president for the Association of American Publishers on...