Harcourt Sales Decline in 2003 Ahead of Anticipated Growth from New Products and Acquisitions
- Harcourt Relocates Rigby to Steck-Vaughn HQ in Austin, Texas, But Retains the Independent Imprints. // Educational Marketer;12/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the relocation of the supplemental publisher Rigby to Steck-Vaughn headquarters in Austin, Texas. Result of the acquisition of Harcourt Inc. by Reed Elsevier Inc.; Integration of two supplemental businesses; Occurrence of back-office consolidation.
- Harcourt Textbook Business Doing 'Well,' Assessment Progressing. // Educational Marketer;11/26/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p1
The article discusses the financial success of Harcourt Inc., a U.S. textbook publisher. It states that according to parent company Reed Elsevier PLC, Harcourt's financial success is particularly due to its success in the secondary-school textbook segment. Specifically, the Holt, Rinehart &...
- Reed Elsevier, Pearson Continue To Expect Robust Growth In 2005. // Educational Marketer;5/9/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p2
Reports that Reed Elsevier PLC has maintained the positive outlooks for revenue growth in the year 2005 in London, England. Two of the largest educational publishers Harcourt Inc. and Pearson PLC run by company; Continued improved market conditions of the company for all of its businesses;...
- FM Global finds views differ on biggest threats to revenue. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;7/5/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p4
Company executives and risk managers view their organizations' main risks differently than do the investment professionals who analyze companies' performance, a report concludes. Top revenue drivers are defined as those assets that contribute most to earnings and those that executives are most...
- SPAIN RECONQUERS LATIN AMERICA. MANAUT, SERGIO // Latin Trade (English);Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p64
The article discusses Spanish companies' investments in Latin American markets and infrastructure projects. Results of IE Business School's study showed that Spanish companies with operations in Latin America will generate most of their revenues in the region by 2015. Spanish telecommunication...
- Reed Elsevier to sell its British papers. // Editor & Publisher;8/12/95, Vol. 128 Issue 32, p16
Reports on Reed Elsevier's plans to sell its regional newspapers in Great Britain. Other newspapers and assets to be sold.
- Harcourt Bats A Homer For New Parent Reed Elsevier in 2001. // Educational Marketer;3/4/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the increase in revenue of British-Dutch publishing company Reed Elsevier's Education Division in 2001.
- Sales, profits up at Reed Elsevier. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;8/22/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 34, p12
Reports that media company Reed Elsevier plans to seek a New York Stock Exchange listing. Release of financial results for the first half of 1994; Pretax profits; Sales; Major acquisitions in 1993; Finalization of compensation terms with former co-chairman Peter Davis.
- Reed reports strong results. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;8/21/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 34, p16
Focuses on the financial performance of Reed Elsevier for the six months to June 1995. Reasons for the results; Comparison with 1994 figures.