The new-fangled way to stay connected
- Online networks help you meet new opportunities. Meyer, Julie // New Media Age;9/11/2003, p17
Deals with the financial opportunities provided by online networks. Growth and consolidation of social and business networks; Ability of Spoke Software to get sales done efficiently; Information on Ecademy.
- Emap in standalone website for mothers. Clark, Nicola // Marketing (00253650);11/21/2007, p6
The article informs that Emap PLC is launching a standalone parenting Web site "www.askamum.co.uk," which will replace the online presence of its Web site "www.motherandbabymagazine.com." According to Sam Fitzgibbon, managing director of Emap Esprit, research shows that mothers 'actively seek...
- Weight-loss consumers widen their circles with GSK site. // Drug Store News;12/14/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p20
The article reviews two social networking web sites including www.allihcp.com, and www.myalli.com, from GlaxoSmithKline.
- Foodies moving into the social networking neighborhood. Duff, Mike // Retailing Today;4/14/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the launch of Eats.com, a foodservice resource as a way for food lovers to share their passion online. The site also welcomes contribution from food retailers who participate in the take-out or eat-in trade. The online resource is designed as an information portal to an...
- Desktops Get a 64-Bit Speed Boost. Fox, Steve // PC World;Oct2003, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p45
Comments on several IT products and services. Key features of Athlon 64 chip CPU and the first wave of 64-bit programs; Service provided by Friendster, an online social networking community; Details of subscription-free Web-based services selling downloadable songs.
- What Can Be Measured? // University Business;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p56
The article offers information on several online social networks, which provide services for educational institutions in the U.S. These include the web site Facebook which reportedly provides an extensive analytics to page administrators, having the Insights Page that can track over time the...
- ZDNet UK revamps site with UGC focus. Simpson, Richard // New Media Age;11/16/2006, p3
The article reports on the relaunched web site of ZDNet UK as of November 2006. ZDNet UK has relaunched its web site as part of its plans to integrate user-generated content alongside its editorial. The web site has introduced a social networking element in order to more closely involve its...
- Novartis builds CML community. // Drug Store News;12/14/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p22
The article reviews two social networking web sites including www.CMLalliance.com and www.CMLearth.com, both powered by Novartis Oncology.
- Busting the Top 5 Ecommerce Myths. Fincher, Nicolas // Multichannel Merchant Exclusive Insight;12/21/2012, p2
The article explains the misconceptions on five myths about ecommerce. These include the ecommerce website as the total plan of the online business, the automatic traffic on ecommerce websites and ecommerce limiting production information. It also notes ecommerce driving customers due to low...