- Consumer confidence dips. Chamberlain, Janice // Furniture/Today;1/5/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p70
Presents Consumer Confidence Survey on consumers in the furniture and appliance industry in the U.S. Number of households involved; Percentage of participants planning to buy a new home; Region that has the highest consumer confidence to spend.
- Klaussner gallery boosts sales. // Furniture/Today;6/25/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p1
The article reports that King's Great Buys Plus has added a 4,500-squarefoot Klaussner Solutions Studio to its store in Evansville, Indiana. It reports that the company has done this to build bigger furniture and bedding business in the wake of reducing margins and tickets in electronics and...
- COOLING OFF COSTS AT THE EDISON ELECTRIC GRILL. Blume, Eric R. // Electric Perspectives;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p83
Focuses on the electric kitchen equipment by Southern California Edison. Advantages of electric kitchens; Benefits of electric griddles; Information on the marketing strategy for the all-electric kitchen.
- Brand Source: Efforts paying off. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;9/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the success of AVB/Brand Source's programs for its electronics, appliance and furniture retailer members. The programs are designed to give retailers an edge in a market dominated by big-box players. At its national convention and buying fair in Las Vegas, Nevada, Brand...
- ON A WING CHAIR AND A PRAYER. Bonney, Joseph // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);1/9/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p82
The article discusses the ripple effect of the collapse in U.S. housing market on the furniture and appliance manufacturing industries and containerized furniture imports. It cites appliance maker Whirlpool, which laid off 5,000 workers, that forecasts a three to five percent drop in U.S. sales...
- FURNITURE STORES INDUSTRY (NAICS 44211). // United States Product & Retail Report Series;2012, Special section p1
The article presents information on the performance and forecast for small electric appliances and personal care appliances product line of the furniture stores industry in the U.S. for 2012 and 2013. Information on the related industries including office furniture manufacturers and department...
- NEW PRODUCTS. Sewell, Rhiannon // Australian House & Garden;Jun2000, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p213
Features furnishings, appliance and furniture from various manufacturers. Hitachi SFH800PX washing machine; Love swivel chair from IKEA; Folding screen from Landstrom; Crescendo mini bowls from Tupperware.
- Electrical Product literature. // Architectural Record;Dec1985, Vol. 173 Issue 14, p221
Presents several literature about electrical appliances. Brochure from Westinghouse Furniture Systems; Catalog from Sunnex, Inc.; Brochure from Sterner Lighting Systems.
- PRODUCTS FOR tomorrow's home. // Australian House & Garden;Dec2000, Issue 1, p144
Presents furniture, home furnishings and appliances recommended by several designers. Sofa from Corso De' Fiori; Vacuum cleaner from Vax Appliances; Philips plasma screen television; Extension dining table from Fritz Hansen.