Where has the passion gone in the furniture trade?
- OUTSOURCING: A POPULAR CHOICE FOR TODAY'S MANUFACTURERS. // Wood & Wood Products;Jun2003, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p19
Discusses the outsourcing programs of two U.S. furniture manufacturers. Advantages of outsourcing wood components; Flagship products of Hitchcock Chair Co. of New Hartford, Connecticut and Chromcraft Furniture of Senatobia, Mississippi. INSETS: On-Time Delivery a Key;WCMA's Member Match...
- Pennsylvania Provides Guidance for Sourcing Sales of Services. Schadewald, Michael S. // Journal of State Taxation;Summer2015, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p21
The article reports that the companies in Pennsylvania uses single-factor sales apportionment formula, market-based sourcing rule for judging whether sales of services are assigned to the numerator of the sales factor. It mentions that under the general rule, sales of services are aallottedto...
- Enhanced service generates profits. // Marketing (00253650);5/1/2003, p39
Companies have traditionally viewed outsourcing as a way to manage what they regard as cost centers more efficiently. But new offshore telemarketing alternatives in India and elsewhere offer savings far beyond the dreams of UK suppliers. So how can UK telemarketing agencies compete? The answer,...
- Passionately pursue prospect information. McCune, Jenny // Sell!ng;Feb2004, p15
Profiles Karen Hayward, executive vice-president for sales and marketing of technology outsourcer CenterBeam Inc. Accomplishments; Role in launching personal computer in Montreal, Quebec; Approach in selling; Contributions to the growth of CenterBeam.
- Straight to the Outsource. McCall, Kimberly L. // Entrepreneur;Sep2003, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p83
Provides tips and strategies for outsourcing a company sales function. Elimination of costs related to providing salaries and benefits through outsourcing; Selection of the right provider of outsourcing; Searching for the right talent for the company's salesforce; Recommendations for outsourcing.
- China beckons. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/3/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p4
The article features Amway Corp., a direct-sales firm that has a growing business in China. Amway Corp., which recorded 8.4 billion U.S. dollars in 2009 sales, will be transferring several production lines to Europe and Asia in the next three years, resulting to around 50 Amway jobs in West...
- The new stars of India. Iyengar, Jayanthi // Accountancy;Aug2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1332, p24
Explores the outcomes of business process outsourcing by British companies to India. Increase in the number of British companies that outsource some of their functions in India; Factor that motivate companies to outsource; Implications of outsourcing on Indian accounting professionals; Growth...
- August trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/7/2005, Issue 5459, p34
Compares the sales performance of furniture industry on July 2005 and August 2004 in London, England. Growth of sales in July; Sales volume in August 2004; Average sales value for July 2005.
- Change your perception--change your reality. // Cabinet Maker;8/16/2002, Issue 5300, p5
Explains how thoughts and perceptions influence sales personnel in the furniture trade industry.