HOW TO PREPARE FOR: JUDGMENT DAY
- Examination of food. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p123
An encyclopedia entry for "examination of food" is presented. It refers to the microbiological examination of food. In England and Wales, food authorities have a discretionary power to provide facilities for the examination of food.
- On the Effectiveness of Restaurant Inspection Frequencies. Kaplan, O. Benjamin // American Journal of Public Health;Jul1978, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p670
The article cites a research which quantifies the theoretical effectiveness of various inspection frequencies used to detect unsafe food conditions in the U.S. The research was developed to investigate the effectiveness of sanitarians in conducting inspection on food establishments. A table is...
- Designing Food Safety Regulations: The Effect of Inspection Policy and Penalties for Noncompliance on Food Processor Behavior. Starbird, S. Andrew // Journal of Agricultural & Resource Economics;2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p616
In the United States, federal, state, and local governments are involved with the regulation of the safety of the food supply. Food safety regulations that set standards for food processors usually include inspection policies for monitoring performance and penalties for processors who do not...
- Out for comment: FSMA on food defense. // Food Engineering;Feb2014, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p13
The article informs that the deadline for the Proposed Rule on Focused Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration by the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) is until the end of March 2014. It also offers information on the three major sections of the proposed rule...
- U.S. and Mexico Agree on Border and Food Safety Cooperation. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;9/23/2013, p5
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. and Mexico Consultative Committee on Agriculture to enhance border inspection to address food safety issues.
- Stay in safe hands. Pendrous, Rick // Food Manufacture;Apr2009, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p65
The article report on the need for food manufacturers to ensure food safety despite the economic downturn in Great Britain. According to Tesco's director of international trading law and technical Terry Babbs, food hygiene certification of suppliers plays an important role in ensuring continuing...
- NEWS. // Food Manufacture;Nov2002, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p5
Reports on developments in the food industries of Great Britain, as of November 2002. Dairy industry; Food safety; Food inspection.
- Hygiene inspections. // A-Z of Food Safety;2007, p221
A definition of the term "hygiene inspections," in the context of food safety in England, is presented. It refers to a scheduled or unscheduled inspection or examination of a food premises by a trained person, such as an environmental Health Officer or company hygiene officer, with the principal...
- Jaggery banned for sale on suspicion of adulteration. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;8/3/2015, p40
The article reports on the decision of food safety officials in India to prohibit the sale of jaggery in the country after five tonnes of it were found to be adulterated with sodium hydro sulphate.