GIVING EVERYONE A CHANCE: MIND YOUR MENTORS
- Employees need more than simple training. Heney, Paul J. // Hotel & Motel Management;9/1/2009, Vol. 224 Issue 10, p6
The article discusses the importance of mentors and mentoring during employee training. It stresses that having a strong mentor provides a reliable foundation for an employee's learning about an organization or company. Moreover, it also states that mentoring comes in two ways, having a mentor...
- POSTSCRIPT. // Administrative Professional Today;Dec2011, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p8
The article offers tips for employee empowerment and professional development.
- Leadership + Mentoring = Success. PAUL; TAYLOR, KIM // College & University;Winter2013, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p65
The article focuses on the importance of leadership and mentoring for achieving success. Topics discussed include an about baseball player Ichiro Suzuki, the need to encourage staff members for their efforts and the need to push them in the direction of professional development. Other topics...
- talking points. // Reclaiming Children & Youth;Winter2013, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p62
The article announces the journal's offer of discussion questions for professional development, team meetings, or individual reflection based on the various articles published within the issue.
- Continuous Learning & Improvement. // Continuous Learning & Improvement - Competency Center;Apr2016, p1
One of the most important aspects of any business organization is an experienced, well-trained staff. While business leaders expect that the workers they recruit will have the experience and training necessary to perform their jobs, they also appreciate employee development. Employee development...
- Enablement: The Key to Empowerment. Barner, Robert // Training & Development;Jun94, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p33
Offers advice on how to enable to manage empowerment effectively. Role of the human resource department; Obstacles to empowerment; Uses of feedback; Powerlessness employees feel when resources are slashed; Self-directed career development.
- Fighting judicial corruption: a comparative perspective from Latin America. Hammergren, Linn // Global Corruption Report;2007, p138
The article focuses on judicial appointments and career management in Latin America, which are increasingly seen as the key to reduce corruption and improving other aspects of performance. It is stated that qualified and motivated staff is the essential element can contribute to an effective and...
- Career Counsel: The things I've learnt in my career - William Lai, Microsoft Advertising Hong Kong. // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Apr2013, p64
The article offers pieces of career advice which include looking at one's own career as a long journey, finding a mentor and creating a career development plan.
- Engage a Mentor with a Short-Term Project. Willyerd, Karie // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;2/21/2014, p2
In the article, the author discusses the importance of appointing a mentor to support and guide young workers toward their professional advancement, and offers tips to get the services of one's preferred mentor through a short engagement, including setting targeted goals.