NEW TWISTS ON THE CLASSIC PIE: VEGGIE PIZZA
- Understand customer needs. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p108
Focuses on strategies for food service businesses in the United States for creating profitable vegetarian menus. Importance of understanding the food habits of vegetarian consumers; Value of the market segment. INSET: A Vegetarian glossary.
- Vegetarian cross-over. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p147
Reports on food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menu offerings. Increasing number of vegetarian meals in colleges; Operators' experimentation with more ethnic vegetarian-based recipes; Redesign of traditional plant-based recipes to lower fat; Vegetarian offerings from...
- More recipes being tested. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p148
Reports on food service operators' experimentation with vegetarian dishes. Creation of ethnic cuisine-inspired cookery; PERSPECTIVES/The Consulting Group chef Russell Scott's suggestions on vegetable cookery; `Vegetarian Day' event at the Ikea store in Baltimore, Maryland; Indian dish offerings...
- Vegetarian Pizza Pies. Top, Shannon; Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Aug2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p64
Focuses on options for making vegetarian pizzas. Use of specialty flours for the crust; Choices for making the sauce; Use of cheese in the pizza to meet the protein needs of vegetarians.
- Vegetarian Vibrance. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p101
Reveals how the food manufacturing industry in the United States is responding on the growing popularity of vegetarian foods. Factors behind its popularity; Intentions of manufacturers to target meat-eaters to encourage them to eat vegetarian foods; Ways to implement vegetarian and vegan foods...
- Peak of the Crop. Bonom, David; AUTRY, CHARLOTTE; ROSS, LEIGH ANN // Cooking Light;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p141
Recipes for meatless meals are presented including local farmers' market pizza, market salad with goat cheese and champagne-shallot vinaigrette, and summer lemon-vegetable risotto.
- More center-of-the-plate. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p156
Reports on health care food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menus. Re-engineered lasagna at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania; Vegetable side dishes cum center-of-the-plate combos at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City;...
- Make mine vegetarian. // Food Management;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p14
Presents a graph of food operators who are currently serving or plan to serve vegetarian burgers in 1999 in the United States. Hospitals; Schools; Nursing home/life care centers.
- BAD WEEK. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/22/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4770, p12
The article presents developments on the food industry including launch of Death Wish Coffee, rejection of spoof religion the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in Poland, and a web site launched by students to celebrate their love of cooking vegetarian food in the nude.