NO MORE SECRETS: Exhibition cooking removes the mystery
- The Fisherman's Tale. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p26
This article presents an interview with John Lakatosh, employed by Aramark as executive chef at Frostburg State University. Lakatosh started cooking when he was about 19, the time he joined the Navy. He served comfort foods at the USS Wabash, which was like the food served in cafeterias in...
- STEAL THIS IDEA. Webb, Eric; Cantalupo, Salvatore; Ferner, Thomas; Coston, Lisette; DeHoog, Jennifer; Raboin, Stephanie; Klutts, Judy; Spelman, Julie; Coughlin, Gary // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p18
The article offers foodservice tips from industry experts in the U.S. It cites the approach of Eric Webb of University of Wyoming to test the system of its food service before it officially opens at the start of the spring semester 2014. It notes the effort of Corporate Image Dining Services to...
- CALENDAR. // FoodService Director;3/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p74
Presents a list of conferences related to the U.S. food service industry in March and April 2004. Menudirections conference of Foodservice Director in Baltimore, Maryland; Continental Region Conference of the National Association of College & University Food Service in Red Lodge, Montana; Date...
- Culinary clubs sprout up on campuses. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on culinary clubs in the United States wherein campus foodservice departments are partnering with students to explore food-related issues. Information on an international culinary club at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana; Benefits that students can gain from the clubs; Details...
- Healthy Meals on the Run. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information about the Uncommon retail outlet put up by Yale University Dining Services, which won the Best Convenience Retail Concept award.
- Ivy League 'meal plans' are a hideous waste of food and money. Wilson, Bee // New Statesman;8/12/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4600, p40
Comments on the food service and meal plans at U.S. colleges and universities. Cost of enrollment at an Ivy League university; Costs of college meals; Aim for implementing the meal plans; Wastage of food and money resulting from implementation of meal plans.
- More special health bars are popping up. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p10s
Reports on the establishment of more food services offering health foods in college campus vicinities in the United States. Includes Home Plate dining center in Darmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire; `Lite Bite' station in University of North Carolina; Vegetarian and meat dishes without...
- PFSM kicks off campus value deals. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/96, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p18
Reports on Professional Food-Service Management's (PFSM) introduction of a value-meal promotion its college and university accounts.
- HONORABLE MENTIONS. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p36
The article lists other recipients of the Best Station Concept award which include the Thick Pops menu by Manor Care Health Services, Ketumbar menu at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst and Braiden Hall Dining Center at the Colorado State University.