2003 REPORT: Sales-per-student climb 13% as retail emphasis grows
- Culinary clubs sprout up on campuses. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on culinary clubs in the United States wherein campus foodservice departments are partnering with students to explore food-related issues. Information on an international culinary club at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana; Benefits that students can gain from the clubs; Details...
- Healthy Meals on the Run. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p34
The article offers information about the Uncommon retail outlet put up by Yale University Dining Services, which won the Best Convenience Retail Concept award.
- Ivy League 'meal plans' are a hideous waste of food and money. Wilson, Bee // New Statesman;8/12/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4600, p40
Comments on the food service and meal plans at U.S. colleges and universities. Cost of enrollment at an Ivy League university; Costs of college meals; Aim for implementing the meal plans; Wastage of food and money resulting from implementation of meal plans.
- OU Promo Nets Nearly $90,000 in Meal Plan Upgrades: Simple drawing prompts almost 125 takers from incoming frosh class. // Food Management;Nov2006, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p20
The article reports that the Ohio University dining services department nets nearly $90,000 in its newly launched meal plan in Athens, Ohio. It is stated that the upgrade promotion held during the pre-college orientation before the start of the academic year made the sale grew. The success of...
- HONORABLE MENTIONS. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p36
The article lists other recipients of the Best Station Concept award which include the Thick Pops menu by Manor Care Health Services, Ketumbar menu at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst and Braiden Hall Dining Center at the Colorado State University.
- More special health bars are popping up. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p10s
Reports on the establishment of more food services offering health foods in college campus vicinities in the United States. Includes Home Plate dining center in Darmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire; `Lite Bite' station in University of North Carolina; Vegetarian and meat dishes without...
- NO MORE SECRETS: Exhibition cooking removes the mystery. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p40
Reports on the improvement of student perceptions of university foodservice at the State University of New York in Geneseo, New York after the opening of a marketplace-style foodcourt as of February 2004. Expectations of students on foodservice meals according to the president of the National...
- PFSM kicks off campus value deals. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/96, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p18
Reports on Professional Food-Service Management's (PFSM) introduction of a value-meal promotion its college and university accounts.
- Baylor expands dining hall. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p62
Discusses the renovation and expansion plans for the dining hall at Baylor University in Waco, Texas. Planned features of the dining outlets; Factors considered in planning; Personal service improvements planned; Initiatives developed to make operations more convenient for students; Telephone...