WHILE PATIENT MEALS IMPROVE: Market servery pushes sales up 25% in Boise hospital
- ROOM SERVICE TO THE RESCUE: Wash. hosp. holds line on
costs, staff. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the satisfaction of customers over the room service offered by the foodservice operators of the Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, Maryland. Comment from foodservice operations manager Diana Hitchcock; Availability of the room service; Average meal cost.
- NEARS TOP OF PRESS, GANEY SCALE: Texas hosp. raises focus on service. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
States that Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo, Texas, has increased patient satisfaction in its food service. Patient satisfaction scores of Shannon; Efforts of Shannon to increase patient satisfaction; Menu changes.
- Idaho food services management company to enter Utah market. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/12/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the plan of Meridian, Idaho-based food services management company Thomas Cuisine Management to enter the Utah market in 2004. Contract between the firm and Iasis Healthcare; Services offered by the firm; Increase in client retention rate; Number of employees.
- Promotional Power. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p50
The article offers information on how Tim Bauman, director of food and nutrition services at Wood County Hospital in Bowling Green, Ohio uses seasonal events as a powerful tool for bringing in customers and building satisfaction. In the summer, he likes to do picnics with fancy cakes and gingham...
- Here for the long haul. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the room service program of the Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Person credited for the creation of the program; Percentage increase in patient satisfaction with the food and nutrition services department brought by the program; Overview of the program.
- How Does Your (Foodservice) Network GROW? // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p40
Focuses on food service management in New York City hospitals comprising Mount Sinai-NYU Medical Center/Health System's integrated health network. Centralization of food service operations; Programs for auditing and allocating food production costs; Details of food service in specific hospitals.
- Sodexho Goes Commercial. // Food Management;Jun2007, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p20
The article reports that foodservice retailer Sodexho has established a food court operation at the University of Alabama-Birmingham Medical Center (UABMC) through a lease agreement. According to Sodexho regional manager Jeff Berdis, the establishment of the North Pavilion Marketplace food court...
- Envisioning 2015. // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p52
The article offers a look at the food service management initiatives at the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. According to food service director Mary Gregoire, she is considering how her department will grow. Patient food service is provided out of the central kitchen....
- EMBED: A Recipe for Transformational Learning. Thurgood, Patty; Klene, Fran // T+D;Aug2012, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p28
The article discusses the EMBED training model, its development for a hospital system food services department, and the results of its implementation in that context. According to the article, sometimes coaching and facilitation can be more effective training methods than lecturing. Topics...