VIEWPOINT: WHAT ARE YOU BUYING?
- Outsourcing fills the gap. Berne, Steve // Prepared Foods;Mid-Apr97, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p35
Lists various suppliers offering product development outsourcing assistance to the food service market. Equipment suppliers; Ingredient suppliers; Laboratories; Research/Consultancies.
- Contract management. // Food Management;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p84
Discusses the evolution of contract foodservice industry in the United States. Pioneers in the contract foodservice; Introduction of vending services and products; Formation of the Automatic Retailers of America (ARA); Emergence of national contractors; Mergers and acquisition among the...
- Think big--or small, in contract biz both work. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/16/97, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p56
Focuses on the trends in the foodservice contracting industry in the United States. Gaining strong entry into a particular geographic market sector through acquisition; Fear of mid-size and small firms of loss of personal service when dealing with large contractors; Noncommercial market...
- Deals for meals: Contract giants exploit big-get-bigger strategies. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/22/98, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p156
Focuses on the increase in business for contract food service in the United States. Assessment of industry's performance as corporations outsource their food services; Major purchases and deals struck among institutions in the contracting field.
- Iowa State Dining stays self-op. // FoodService Director;3/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p1
This article reports on the decision of Iowa State University to continue self-operating its dining services, following a two-month evaluation of bids from ISU Dining and the top three contract management firms as of March 2006. Todd Holcomb, associate vice president for student affairs, is...
- College students demand 'organic' fare. York, Emily Bryson // Advertising Age;2/18/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p10
The article examines the food service industry at universities and colleges. Increased demand from college students for healthier foods and foods that are locally produced has allowed smaller food service companies to obtain a larger share of the $5 billion college market. Companies are...
- How to find a skilled caterer. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/21/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 24, Special section p20
The article provides information on how to get a skilled caterer to assure that special corporate or private event comes up successful. According to Ezra Eichelberger, the host should plan the event ad decide what he wants to do before contacting a caterer. He can ask friends and associates,...
- Calif. bids prison contracts. // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p40
Reports that there has been a change in the anti-privatization stance of California, as a result of the state budget crisis. Number of facility contracts signed; Comments from Patrick Turner, regional sales manager, for ARAMARK Correctional Services; Details on ARAMARK's Santa Ana Jail contract.
- NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center (NorthPoint): Notice of Request for Proposals for Food Vendors for NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center Fit4Fun Event. // Minnesota State Register;4/13/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p1468
The article reports on a notice issued by NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center that requested food vendors to submit their bids for the Fit4Fun event in North Minneapolis that is scheduled on September 12, 2015.