MENU LABELING: Congress considers calorie disclosure rule for foodsvc
- Lawmakers weigh fat labeling law. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;10/27/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 43, p1
The article reports on the proposed calorie labeling law which is believed to add various boards at 604 chain restaurants in Westchester County, New York. The law is said to have been temporarily shelved in 2007 following a legal challenge by the New York State Restaurant Association (NYSRA) to...
- Lo-Cal So-Cal? Mangu-Ward, Katherine // Reason;Dec2008, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p17
The article presents an account of menu labeling laws from New York City to Los Angeles, California. In September 2008, Los Angeles passed a law requiring restaurants with more than 15 locations to post calorie counts on their menu boards. This followed the model of Big Apple, whose menu...
- Chains urge Congress to broaden labeling bill. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;8/03/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 28, p1
The article reports that 21 foodservice chains urged the U.S. Congress to expand the scope of the proposed legislation to require more convenience stores, restaurants, and supermarkets to provide menu labels for all prepared foods. It states that the measure was a result of the combined Labeling...
- THE ALMIGHTY CALORIE. Yeager, Selene // Bicycling;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p32
The article offers tips on how to select foods with less content of calories.
- EAT LESS. Yeager, Selene // Bicycling;Aug2004, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p101
Presents information concerning the calorie consumption of U.S. citizens as of August 2004. INSET: TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING.
- The Truth about Calories. Sass, Cynthia // Tennis;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p22
The article presents facts and common misconceptions about calories.
- Snack smarter: dueling doughnuts. Gumper, Bethany // Shape;Nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p120
Presents information on the calorie contents in various food products.
- calorie count. D'Amico, Cara // Scholastic Choices;Sep2006, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p13
The article presents suggestions regarding the consumption of right amount of calories during food intake.
- Q When is a calorie not a calorie? // New Scientist;7/18/2009, Vol. 203 Issue 2717, p5
An answer to a question about the caloric content of food is presented.