SEEKING NEW CUSTOMERS: Dept. of Defense school brands pizza
- Pizza Hut opens new Commissary Kitchen. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the Commissary Kitchen concept debuted by Pizza Hut Express to school operators at the 1998 American School Food Service Association national conference in Anaheim, California. Installation of the concept in Crown Point School District in Indiana in the fall of 1998; Concept features.
- Pizza Hut licenses California school commissary. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/96, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p2
Reports that Pizza Hut has licensed a district commissary in Norco, California to turn out the chain's branded pizzas for school foodservice. Labor-saving products supplied by Pizza Hut; Popularity of Pizza Hut's branded pizzas among students.
- Softlines sizzle with private, mass names. // Retailing Today;10/8/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 15, p30
The article focuses on the retail concepts for softlines and accessories businesses of the U.S. Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES). It states that AAFES has an standard approach to the layout of the stores and the presentation of a blend of mass-market retailers such as Target Corp. and...
- Island Getaway. Kress, Melissa // Convenience Store News;May2013, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p34
The article focuses on the Grow the Express initiative launched by Tom Shull, the director of the U.S. Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES). The Exchange, as AAFES' store network is known, has been evaluating its in-store food-service, and investigating ways for satisfying its on-the-go...
- AAFES to open Manhattan Bagel units. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/23/96, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p18
Reports on the Army-Air Force Exchange Service's (AAFES) signing of a licensing agreement with Manhattan Bagel Co. to operate its bagel shops on military bases. Opening on two bases in the first quarter of 1997; Total foodservice revenue for fiscal 1995.
- TO BOOST COUNTS: Chesapeake schools list menu brands. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the effort of cafeterias in the Chesapeake School District to list brand names on their menu as of December 15, 2002. Goal of the cafeterias with regard to the initiative; Brand names included in the menu; List of other foods introduced by the cafeterias.
- Brands by the slice. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p116
Reports on the success of pizza brands in schools in the United States. Kinds of pizzas; Price per slice; Recipe for Hawaiian Pizza.
- Branding in Schools: Kids are `pre-programmed.'. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p74
Focuses on branded items at school cafeterias in the United States. Statistics on branded sales in some school cafeterias in September 1999; Nutritional content of branded food; Economic feasibility of bringing branded food into school cafeterias; Examples of branded programs in some school...
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.