A MEDITERRANEAN TWIST: UNIV.-TEXAS CAFE GOES 'GREEK'
- S'agapo owners bring 'love' and Greek roots to NY. Peters, James // Nation's Restaurant News;12/10/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 50, p16
Presents the marketing strategy of Kostas and Barbara Lambrakis, owner of S'agapo restaurant in New York, New York. Reason for the increasing clientele of the establishment; Offer of Greek cookery; Distinction from other Greek restaurants.
- CafÃ© is a windfall in Texas. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the increase in sales of coffeehouses at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center's outpatient facility in Houston, Texas. Daily sales of the Waterfall Cafe; Foods being served at the Cool Beans Cafe and Bakery.
- U. Texas courts 'Greek' system with Odyssey CafÃ©. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/19/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the opening of the Greek Odyssey Cafe at the Jester Dining Hall food court of the University of Texas in Austin. Development of the cafe by Kronos Products; Cafe's menu; Sales generated by the cafe per week.
- The Flavors of GREECE. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p42
Deals with Greek cuisine. Opportunities for onsite food operators; Traditional Greek ingredients; Tips from executive chef Joseph Gratale; Recipes.
- WITHOUT RESERVATIONS. Orovan, Bill // Echo Magazine;4/8/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p50
Evaluates GreekSpice Grill, a Greek restaurant located in New York City. Decor of the dining establishment; Menu of the restaurant; Price of meals offered by GreekSpice Grill.
- PREVIEW - Feta Accompli. // New York;9/20/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p81
Reports that at Onera, chef Michael Psilakis' restaurant, he borrows from his ancestral Greek, dressing lamb carpaccio with feta and Kalamata olives, and grilled branzino with avgolemono sauce. Newly established restaurant at Manhattan, New York; Raw scallops with tsatsiki; Sea urchin with...
- Dining Guide: Greek. // Louisville Magazine;Feb2005, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p68
The article presents information on various restaurants that offer Greek food in Louisville, Kentucky. The Greek Paradise serves homemade authentic roast lamb cooked in rosemary and garlic, moussaka, gyros and kabobs in a convivial atmosphere. The Nik's, 1915 combines traditional Greek dishes...
- DAPHNE'S GREEK CAFÃ‰. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;1/31/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p84
This article reports that from the beginning, restaurateur George Katakalidis envisioned a fast-casual concept that offered inexpensive, high-quality food, made to order quickly. He brought that vision to life with Daphne's Greek Cafe. In 13 years 50-unit Daphne's has become the leading...
- DINING AT THE GREEKS. Ryan, Peter // Quadrant Magazine;Jun2008, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p127
The author reflects on dining out in Melbourne, Victoria during the 1940s. He offers a description of Chinese restaurants in Melbourne. He relates his experience in dining at the Parthenon, a Greek restaurant. The author comments on the impact of the proliferation of eating houses in Melbourne...