- fm agenda. // Food Management;Jul2006, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p16
The article presents a calendar of events about food management. The School Nutrition Association will have its Annual National Conference on July 16-19. The Annual Meeting of the Dietary Manager's Association will be held on July 16-20. National Association of College and University...
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.
- Institutions go to `market' with new service concept. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the debate over the marketplace concept of noncommercial food service in universities in the United States. Key features of the food service concept; Challenges in operating; Questions regarding the marketplace concept.
- College meal cards good at seven merchants. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the students of Iona College in New Rochelle, New York will be able to use their meal cards off campus at seven participating merchants on North Avenue. Names of merchants; Courses offered by Iona.
- Colleges and universities. // Food Management;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the evolution of noncommercial foodservice in colleges and universities. Establishment of Harvard University as the first college in the United States; Transition from table service to cafeteria-style dining; Use of student labor; Formation of the National Association of College and...
- You may already be a winner... Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p42
Looks at the need for college foodservice directors to reexamine how they are marketing their departments' offerings and services to reach their customers. Factors that influenced foodservice directors' marketing strategy for their departments; Ways colleges and universities increased student...
- Luby's Launches Fuddruckers in College Venue. // Food Management;Jun2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the launch of Luby's Culinary Services of a Fuddruckers burger unit at Lone Star College in Texas.