Administrators Set to Close 19 of 34 Stores in Bid to Save Essex Furniture
- Essex Furniture finally moves into mail order sector with The Sofa Club. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/13/98, Issue 5075, p5
Reports on Essex Furniture's launching of a mail order division. Reason for the company's move; Range of products for the company's mail order operation; Packaged offering with the products.
- Ex-AA man heads GT US firm. // Accountancy;Dec1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1252, p14
Reports on Arthur Andersen & Co.'s dropping of its clients because of risk of litigation. Dumping of audit syndicates at the Lloyd's insurance market.
- Arthur Andersen. // CA Magazine;May94, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the changes in the leadership structure of Arthur Andersen & Co., one of Canada's largest and fastest growing professional service firms. Appointees and career background.
- Abandoning ship. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;4/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the decision of public funds and money managers to end their affiliation with the auditing firm Arthur Andersen. Plan to rebid auditing contracts; Worth of funds handled; List of companies dropping Andersen.
- Private thoughts. // Business North Carolina;Mar1998, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
Presents statistical information on the polls of Arthur Andersen one of North Carolina's largest private companies. Primary effect of information technology in the business; Percentage of business conducted on the Internet.
- The secret of St. Charles. // FW;9/27/94, Vol. 163 Issue 20, p36
Features Arthur Andersen & Co. Training facility; Larry Weinbach as chief executive; Facts; Keys to Andersen's success; George T. Shaheen as managing partner.
- Tapping Into the Alumni. // Practical Accountant;Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the alumni reunion for former Arthur Andersen & Co. employees held annually by the firm's office in Las Vegas, Nevada. Purpose of reunion; Benefits offered by former employees to the company.
- For the super bowl (of advertising), Andersen punted. P.D. // Practical Accountant;Mar95, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the reaction of accounting executives on the advertisement of Arthur Andersen during the Super Bowl XXIX. Aim of the commercial; Advertising costs saved by the move; Advantages of hiring an accounting firm with a smart and thrifty ad campaign.
- WEBSITE OF THE MONTH: ANDERSENALUMNI.NET. Anders, Susan B.; Morris, Thomas W. // CPA Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p17
Reviews the Web site established for the alumni of Arthur Andersen & Company.