Shaping the future
- Contemporary shines through. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;2/20/2004, Issue 5376, p56
Describes sofa and chair furniture projecting the polished effect at The Furniture Show in Great Britain. Pipings; Red leather; Metal legs; Interwoven armrest design; Single chair; Popularity of the color brown.
- Leather. // Furniture/Today;4/11/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p110
Presents designs of furniture in leather upholstery. Jaymar Furniture Co.'s Cosy sofa with neatly-shaped arms and chrome-trimmed wood legs; Emerald Home Furnishings' sofa, loveseat, chair and rectangular ottoman with white contrast stitching; American Leather's transitional three-seat sofa with...
- Ted Boerner. // Interior Design;2004, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p38
The article features the Curved Intermezzo sofa from Ted Boerner. The design of the sofa was inspired by the Lake Point Tower apartments. The sofa is available with or without arms and comes in a range of upholsteries and wood bases.
- What's cooking. Cook, John // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p18
Describes trends in furniture design for 2002. Imagery; Textures; Choice of colors; Key design elements.
- Colors reflect new perceptions. Andrews, Susan; Perry, David // Furniture/Today;8/13/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 48, ps18
Comments on the emerging color trends in the furniture fabric business in the United States. Seminars on the shifting consumer and designer perceptions on fabric colors; Prevalence of orange in home furnishings textiles; Latin influences predicted to drive the market appeal of red.
- Leather leads in upholstery. // Furniture/Today;11/14/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on the results of the 2011 Furniture/Today Upholstery Fabric and Style Survey. It states that leather leads all product categories especially in high-end price points when it comes to upholstered furniture. It says that the high percentages indicate the significance of...
- Gliders becoming fashion conscious. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;04/16/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p190
Focuses on design changes which are helping glider rockers gain increased popularity. Trend towards the use of the characteristics of stationary upholstery; Improvements in the design and technology in the category; Developments concerning glider rocker manufacturers including Towne Square,...
- Pantone color forecast calls for variety. // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p72
Outlines the 2001 color forecast of Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, for the United States furniture industry. Fiesta; Melange; Gossamer; Resonance.
- A conversation in blue & white. // Victoria;Jun96, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p58
Presents photographs of furniture covered with blue-and-white fabric. Includes a Hepplewhite sofa; Lolling or Martha Washington chair; Cane-backed chair.