Natuzzi UK plans could see standalone stores
- Natuzzi acquires British retail chain. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p28
Reports on the acquisition of Kingdom of Leather by upholstery manufacturer Natuzzi in Great Britain. Increase of market share; Continuation of the import business; Business plans.
- KoL was sold for less than Â£4m. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p3
Reports on Natuzzi's acquisition of Kingdom of Leather. Spending on acquisition; Sales through Natuzzi-owned or branded stores; Branded outlets owned by Natuzzi; Sales of leather upholstery; Challenges facing the furniture industry in Great Britain.
- Mixed reaction to Natuzzi's KoL proposal. // Cabinet Maker;5/16/2003, Issue 5338, p3
Reports on the reaction of the furniture industry retailers to Natuzzi's proposed purchase of 15-store chain Kingdom of Leather.
- Manufacturing might. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;10/29/2004, Issue 5412, p8
Provides insights on Italian upholsterer Natuzzi's entry into the retailing field in Great Britain. Company's purchase of retailer Kingdom of Leather in May 2003; Negotiation of the company with other retailers; Natuzzi's plan to retain a 51 percent stake in franchisees.
- KoL denies Natuzzi rumours. // Cabinet Maker;7/20/2001, Issue 5247, p3
Reports the denial of the issue concerning the procurement of Kingdom of Leather to Natuzzi in Milan, Italy.
- Natuzzi's new kingdom. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;5/16/2003, Issue 5338, p7
Explores the rationale for the takeover of Kingdom of Leather by Italian leather furniture manufacturer Natuzzi. Reaction of retailers to the takeover. INSET: Questions and answers.
- Lounge wizard. Johansen-Berg, Kate // In-Store Marketing;Jan2003, p18
Profiles Peter Dickson, executive chairman of British furniture retailer Kingdom of Leather (KoL). Dickson's opinion that there is a lack of style and personality in furniture retailing; Changes implemented by Dickson at his company; Effort to define the KoL brand and give it a clear image;...
- Italsofa poised for UK boost. // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p8
The article reports that Brian Mynett, Great Britain's agent of Natuzi SpA has the challenge of doubling Italsofa sales in Great Britain and Republic of Ireland next year, after responsibility for the Natuzzi brand was transferred to Great Britain retail operation after 15 years. As the Natuzzi...
- 2006: Hello and goodbye. Pamben, Deven; Goodman, Eleanor // Cabinet Maker;1/5/2007, Issue 5519, p4
The article presents a month-by-month summary of the events related to the cabinet retail industry in Great Britain in 2006. The year began with independent retailers becoming increasingly disappointed with beds producer Sprung Slumber. In March, Natuzzi started to refocus on enhancing its...