Energy Companies Look to Upgrades
- Energy Companies Look To Upgrades. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p1
Reports on U.S. energy companies that will be upgraded to high investment grade status. XTO Energy Inc.; Plains Exploration and Production Co.; Nuevo Energy Co.; Illinois Power Co.; Westar Energy Inc.; Pacific Gas and Electric Corp.
- M&A activity takes off with massive XTO purchase. Tranche, John-Laurent // Fort Worth Business Press;2/8/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 6, Special section p21
The article reports on the increase in global mergers and acquisitions activity in the energy industry during the fourth quarter of 2009, due in large part to the purchase of XTO Energy Inc. by Exxon Mobil Corp.
- energy update. Tronche, John-Laurent // Fort Worth Business Press;4/26/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p17
This section offers news briefs related to the energy industry in Texas as of April 2010, including the meetings that will be conducted by the Railroad Commission of Texas, the use by XTO Energy Inc. of a software from Invensys Operations Management to help it manage its operations and assets,...
- energy update. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;7/19/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p23
This section offers news briefs relating to energy companies in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas area including Exxon Mobil Corp.'s plans for integrating XTO Energy into its operations, energy issues to be discussed at the August 2010 conference of the Texas Lyceum, and TRWA Inc.'s opening of an...
- SPCC measures scheduled to go into effect in February. Mills, Alex // Fort Worth Business Press;10/11/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p11
Presents news concerning the energy industries in the United States as of October 11, 2002. Implication of the changes that will be made by the Environmental Protection Agency to the Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure on the oil industry; XTO Energy Inc.'s move to increase the firm's...
- XTO confirmed as anchor producer for Pa. project. Graham, A. Lee // Fort Worth Business Press;4/16/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p16
This section offers news briefs on the Texas energy sector. XTO Energy Incorporated is serving as anchor producer for the Big Pine Gathering System, a natural gas pipeline in western Pennsylvania that is projected to span Allegheny, Butler, Armstrong, Indiana, and Westmoreland counties. Kosmos...
- Silent Giant. Piatt, Christian // Fort Worth Business Press;6/6/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p1
Features the XTO Energy company in Texas. Award to be received by XTO at the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce's 121st annual meeting in Texas on June 6, 2003; Key to success and permanence of the company; Background of company chairman Bob Simpson; Future plans for the company.
- SWOT Analysis. // Plains Exploration & Production Company SWOT Analysis;Feb2012, p1
A business analysis of Plains Exploration & Production Co., a company involved in acquiring, developing, exploring, and producing oil and gas properties, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include its asset...
- TIPRO EXPLORER XTO PURCHASED BY EXXONMOBIL. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;12/21/2009, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p6
The article reports on the acquisition of XTO Energy Inc. by ExxonMobil Corp. for 41 billion dollars including its debt of 10 billion dollars. It notes that ExxonMobil intends to retain most of the XTO Energy employees and expands it operations, especially in the U.S. Moreover, the deal was the...