The New Stampede To Invest VC Funds
- The truth you can't escape. WICKENDEN, PHIL // Money Marketing;9/24/2015, Issue 1502, p40
The article presents thge author's views on Ray Blanchard's model which states that for every things that cannot go on forever do not always stop at once and people who want to go on forever, refuse to recognize it is stopping. He believes that merger and acquisition transactions could rise by...
- IN BRIEF. // Marketing Week;7/17/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the marketing industry in Great Britain. Job cuts are expected as financial provider Santander plans to merge the bank companies Alliance & Leicester (A&L) and Abbey after an agreement to acquire A&L. BT plans investment in broadband communications,...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p20
Presents several key statistics on FIGs and investment banking as of March 15, 2004. Global FIGs underwriting volume; Top U.S. new issues bookrunners; Announced U.S. target merger and acquisition advisers.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/22/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p52
Presents several key statistics on investment banking activity in the telecommunications sector as of March 15, 2004. Global telecommunications underwriting volume; Top U.S. new issues bookrunners; Announced U.S. target merger and acquisition advisers.
- Panel session: Event-driven and activism - finding the sweet spot. // Euro Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
Activism gears up in Europe as M&A, event-driven wave begins to build
- Venture Capital's big-time shift toward acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p12
Presents a discussion on the shift of venture capital towards acquisitions. Description of firms and investment approaches of various venture capitalists; Strategies pursued in maximizing returns; Key factors influencing attractiveness to firms; Return objectives; Management of venture capital.
- M&A as exit path is on the upswing for VC-backed deals. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/21/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 20, pN.PAG
Reports on an increase in mergers of venture capitalists in the U.S. in the year 2001. Importance of acquisitions for maintaining liquidity and survival for venture-backed companies; Statistics related to deals of such companies for 2001; Problems related to closing of acquisition deals due to...
- OPINION. Carter, Wayne // Fort Worth Business Press;8/17/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p31
Focuses on the nature of business of venture capitals and merger and acquisition firms. Determination of risky investments.
- DESPERATELY SEEKING PARTNERS. Stein, Tom; Debellis, Matthew // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/5/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 31, p26
Focuses on the merger and consolidation activities in the U.S. Generation of venture capital; Preservation of presence in the market; Prevention of bankruptcy.