Medical Devices Hook The IPO Market, Again
- From LBO to IPO: Kinetic Concepts' Perfect Deal. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/26/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p34
Discusses the launch by U.S.-based medical device manufacturer Kinetic Concepts Inc. of a multimillion-dollar initial public offering (IPO) on February 23, 2004. Value earned by Kinetic's private equity owners, Fremont Partners LP and Blum Capital Partners LP, from their investment in the 1997...
- Private consortium set to pay $6.3 billion for Kinetic Concepts. PEDERSEN, AMANDA // Medical Device Daily;7/14/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 130, p1
The article reports on the offer of a group of private equity investors to purchase Kinetic Concepts (KCI) for 68.50 U.S. dollars a share in a cash deal amounting to 6.3 billion U.S. dollars, including the outstanding debt of the company. KCI reportedly went public in early 2004 through an...
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/1/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p45
Presents data on initial public offerings. Kinetic Concepts Inc.; Cherokee International LLC; Dynavax Technologies Corp.; Bristol West Holdings; AlphaSmart.
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/8/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p31
Measures the average price of initial public offerings filed by companies in the U.S. as of March 8, 2004. Linktone; Kinetic Concepts; Cherokee International; Dynavax Technologies; Corgentech.
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/8/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p33
Describes the initial 2004 public offering performance issued by several companies. CrossTex Energy; Eyetech Pharmaceuticals; Kinetic Concepts; Government Properties Trust; Symbion.
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/15/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p47
Presents a chart of 100 initial public offerings in the U.S., compiled as of March 2004. TOM Online; Kinetic Concepts; Cherokee International; Dynavax Technologies; CEA Acquisition; Corgentech; Bristol West Holdings; Asset Acceptance; CrossTex Energy; Luminant Mortgage Capital.
- IPOs IN THE U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p60
Provides information on initial public offerings in the U.S. Eyetech Pharmaceuticals Inc.; TRW Automotive Inc.; Kinetic Concepts Inc.
- Leading the Battle Against Superbugs. Arroyo, Arnaldo // Equities;Apr2008, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p92
The article reports on NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, which is currently developing non-antibiotic anti-infectives instead of antibiotics. The company is developing two primary non-antibiotic anti-infective compounds, including NVC-422 and NVC-101 for wound care. The company has formed a partnership...
- Turnaround CEO Quinn Moves His Latest Company to OC. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;7/2/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p4
Reports that chief executive officer Michael Quinn has moved his company CardioGenesis Inc. to Orange County, California. Appeal of the area's medical device industry; Core business of CardioGenesis; Net loss posted by the company.