The Wit and Wisdom of a Retailing Giant
- Stanley Marcus set to observe 90th birthday. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/13/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 48, p17
Reports that Stanley Marcus will lead the morning employee meeting at the Neiman Marcus on April 29, 1995 in honor of his 90th birthday. Marcus' career history.
- 90-year-old Stanley Marcus is having `a very good time'. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;6/19/95, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p11
Profiles Stanley Marcus, former chairman of Neiman Marcus. Establishment of the company Narrowcasting; Career history; Political orientation.
- STANLEY MARCUS: A LUXURY LEGEND. Haber, Holly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/11/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 121, WWD VISIONARIES p11
Profiles the late Stanley Marcus, the man behind luxury retailer Neiman Marcus. Penchant for the dramatic; Brief history of the retailer; Marketing strategies; Approach to business.
- Veteran Marcus passes. // Home Textiles Today;1/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p13
Reports the death of Neiman Marcus chairman Stanley Marcus in Dallas, Texas. Work accomplishments as chairman; Comment of firm president Burton Tansky on the influence of Marcus to the firm; Recall of JCPenny chairman Allen Questrom on the excellence of Marcus.
- Family honor. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/1/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 62, p5
Discloses that Neiman Marcus chairman emeritus Stanley Marcus will present the Missouri family with his Stanley Award on May 14, 1999 to honor them for a lifetime achievement on the international fashion scene.
- NM to add bridge-level forward designer lines. Haber, Holly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/25/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 16, p23
Reports on Neiman Marcus' addition of forward sportswear labels in line with the company's effort to expand its bridge business. Display of the collections at Neiman's units in California; Projected first-year sales; Prices; Plans to drop other labels to accommodate the new collection.
- Neiman's mailer gives Yurman Jewelry added boost. Haber, Holly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/29/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 103, p11
Reports on the sales of Neiman Marcus's David Yurman jewelry business. Sending of mailer to customers; Appeal of jewelry; Price range.
- LEGEND STANLEY MARCUS' FERVOR FOR PHOTOGRAPHY. Haber, Holly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/28/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 44, p18
The article offers information on a photography exhibition titled "Reflection of a Man: The Photographs of Stanley Marcus" presented at the Dallas Museum of Art until March 30, 2008. Stanley Marcus was the son of Neiman Marcus founder Herbert Marcus. William Rudolph, an associate curator at the...
- Escada is star of NM mail call. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/9/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 89, p2
Reports on Neiman Marcus' direct mail promotion focusing on Escada products. Apparel and accessories exclusive to Neiman Marcus included in the booklet; Production of exclusive Escada products for Saks Fifth Avenue.