The perils of buying cheap toilet paper
- 12 STEPS TO EVALUATE SUPPLIER SUBMISSIONS. WILLIAMS, JAMES // Supply Management;Jul2014, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p32
The article discusses the 12 steps to be followed by procurement professionals to evaluate supplier submissions. Topics covered include the importance of keeping a consistent approach in introducing a supplier submission evaluation process, how to determine who needs to be involved in an...
- Flying high. // Supply Management;10/1/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p51
The article features Sarah Ellis of the British Airport Authority, winner of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply procurement and supply chain management professional of the year award. It cites the effort of Ellis in helping BAA become a procurement employer of choice. It mentions...
- The Productivity Measurement and Enhancement System: A Meta-Analysis. Pritchard, Robert D.; Harrell, Melissa M.; Granados, Deborah Diaz; Guzman, Melissa J. // Journal of Applied Psychology;May2008, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p540
Meta-analytic procedures were used to examine data from 83 field studies of the Productivity Measurement and Enhancement System (ProMES). The article expands the evidence on effectiveness of the intervention, examines where it has been successful, and explores moderators related to its success....
- Teach Your Team to Fish. Jones, Laurie Beth // Executive Excellence;Jun2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p16
Discusses principles of team building. Team preparation for hardships; Team transformation; Act of release.
- Spirited teams. Heerman, Barry // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p9
Recommends six critical, interrelated phases of a spirited work group. Need to foster relationships that affirm a sense of belonging; Importance of acknowledging the work of team members; Need for team members to share their individual visions for team performance.
- Waves of change. Zoglio, Suzanne Willis // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p15
Offers advice for executives on how to increase a work group's ability to adapt and remain competitive. Need to learn more about human response to change; Use of positive change implementation techniques.
- The membership organization. Seiling, Jane Galloway // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Discusses the growth of organizations seeking participative structures where individual responsibility and creativity are rewarded. Executives' struggle with the participative elements of memberships; Need to encourage a more level working community to tap the talents and skills of members in a...
- Team stress. Buck, Tom // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p18
Discusses the seven key stress points in a work group. Shift from first-line supervisor to facilitator; Provision of meaningful decision-making authority to teams; Clashes with established policies and systems; Overreaction to early team mistakes.
- Compete With Effective Management Teams. Sherwood, Andrew // Training & Development Journal;Aug83, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p12
Provides insights on how United States companies can successfully build management teams and effectively manage them in order to compete successfully with Japanese companies. Need to first analyze the team concept in the business environment; Establishment of clear reporting relationships...