Impetus for Chip and Pin
- POP goes to wider market. O'Hagan, Julie-Anne // B&T Weekly;6/11/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2475, p15
Focuses on the success of point-of-purchase (POP) advertising in Australia. Dependence of the success on retailer's willingness to accept and display material in-store; Adoption of new technology; Value of POP.
- CLOSING THE PROMOTIONS LOOP. Dubbs, Dana // SN: Supermarket News;6/7/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p95
Focuses on the move of manufacturers and retailers in the U.S. to track their investments in products promotion. Estimated annual spending of a U.S. consumer packaged goods companies on trade promotions; Systems implemented by retailers to track the used and impact of promotions; Point-of-sale...
- Is Your POS Ready for Real Time? Gannon, Steve // Chain Store Age;Sep2004, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p80
Focuses on the importance of a real-time point-of-sale system in retail stores. Factors to consider in deciding whether to replace a system; Benefits of the ability to access real-time information.
- Cornell Trading Chooses Raymark. // Apparel Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p20
The article reports that Cornell Trading, which operates 29 La Cache stores in Canada, is implementing Raymark's integrated enterprise solution for its day-to-day retail systems management. According to Cornell MIS director Zbigniew Robak, the two major factors in the decision to choose Raymark...
- Sears Rolls Out a Whole New POS. // Chain Store Age;Mar2004, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p72
Reports on the decision of Sears, Roebuck and Co. to put in IBM SurePOS 740 systems, IBM 4610 receipt printers and IBM flat-panel touch displays throughout its retail stores in the U.S. Benefits of the enhanced point-of-sale system to the firm.
- Dressbarn, Roots Roll Out Fujitsu POS. // Apparel Magazine;Jul2007, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p22
This article reports that specialty apparel retailers Dressbarn and Roots are implementing point-of-sale (POS) technology and upgrades from Fujitsu. At Dressbarn, Fujitsu will upgrade in-store hardware, software and services for the retailer's 800-store dressbarn and 500-store maurices brands....
- TECHNOLOGY. // Food Logistics;Sep2004, Issue 71, p12
Announces the introduction of the Pay By Touch checkout system by Roundy's Pick 'n' Save Metro Market in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Piggly Wiggly Carolina Co. stores in South Carolina. Advantage of the system to shoppers.
- Point of Purchase. // Chain Store Age;Apr2006, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p18
This article reveals that American retailers spent nearly $6 billion on point-of-sale (POS) terminals in 2005, and numbers are still rising. But grocers and specialty stores are expected to be a driving force behind shipments this year, said president of research and advisory firm IHL Consulting...
- Nisa update to boost sales by Â£7.5m. Hadfield, Will // Computer Weekly;9/27/2005, p5
This article reports that convenience store supplier Nisa-Today's expects to make extra sales of at least Â£7.5m a year after modifying its core Retek Inc. system. The company, which supplies Costcutter and many regional convenience store chains, has spent Â£8m over the past three years...