Strathclyde Police RAV4 score on town and country beat
- Toyota delays RAV4 intro. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;10/9/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5627, p2
Reports on a delay in the United States launch of Toyota's RAV4 mini-sport-utility vehicle. High demand for the vehicle in Europe and Japan; Initial sale of a four-wheel-drive version of the vehicle.
- Toyota RAV4. West, Ted // Outdoor Life;Jun96, Vol. 197 Issue 6, p83
Features the Toyota RAV4 as a sport-utility vehicle. Description; Engine design; Price; Performance; Weight; Fuel consumption.
- Raves about RAV4. Visnic, Bill // Ward's Auto World;Nov95, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p68
Features the Toyota Recreational Active Vehicle with 4-wheel drive (RAV4). Assembly on a unibody platform rather than on a truck chassis standard in sport/utility vehicles; Independent suspension at the front and the rear; 2 and 4-door models.
- Cars worth noting. Phelan, Mark // Automotive Industries;Oct96, Vol. 176 Issue 10, p40
Features the 1997 Toyota RAV4 automobile. Body design; Price.
- Electric RAV4 costs $42,000. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News;7/7/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5721, p1
Discusses the Toyota RAV4-EV, an electric version of the compact sport-utility vehicle. Number of units planned by Toyota; Options available to fleets.
- Electric RAV4 due next fall. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;11/18/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5687, p48
Reports that Toyota Motor Corporation has unveiled the RAV4 EV, an improved version of the RAV4 electric vehicle. Features of the RAV4 EV; Statement made by David Hermance, general manager of powertrain development for the Toyota Technical Center in Los Angeles, California.
- RAV4 races off with magazine's `Automobile of the Year' title. Costas, Jose // Caribbean Business;3/27/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 12, pA2
Features the Toyota RAV4 and the recognition it received as Automobile of the Year from `Automobile Magazine'. Cross-sectional appeal of the vehicle; Reputation of Toyota in terms of quality; Unibody construction; Four-wheel independent suspension; Stability and maneuverability; Safety features.
- RAV4 sets new benchmark for future Toyota products. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;12/5/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5581, p19
Features Recreational Active Vehicle 4-wheel-drive (RAV4) from Toyota Motor Corporation. Cost reduction; Parts commonality; Simplification of assembly.
- Surf's up. Edsall, Larry // AutoWeek;6/24/96, Vol. 46 Issue 26, p16
Features the Toyota RAV4 4-door automobile. Toyota's marketing approach for the vehicle; Base price; Available options; Product features.