Dream Songs and Ceremony
- The Divine Dance. // Yoga Journal;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 168, p90
Focuses on the significance of the Indian classical dance for Western yogis. Facts about the divine connection in Hindu tradition; Inspirations encountered with Nataraja, the god Shiva as Lord of the dance; Invocations to the Divine for incarnation.
- Reign woman. Wyckoff, Geraldine // Louisiana Life;Winter2001/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p38
Relates the experience of Laura Barras as the queen of the Wild Magnolias Indian dancers in Louisiana. Exposure to Indian practices; Participation in designing the queen's suit; Career in cosmetics.
- Dances with Scouts. Daily, Laura // Boys' Life;May98, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on Colorado's Koshare Indian Dancers who performs and preserves the ways of the Plains and Pueblo Indians. Background information on Koshare Indian Dancers; Information on the dance assignments of the dancers; Costumes used during the performance. INSETS: The language of...
- Rhythm Lessons. Hix, Lisa // Teen Vogue;Dec/Jan2007-2008, p1
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of discovering the dances of her Indian ancestors.
- Silver & Turquoise Ball. // Navajo Times;4/23/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 16, pC-9
A photograph is presented of dancer performing at the 32nd annual Silverand Turquoise Ball & American Indian Silent and Live Auction in Arizona in April 2013.
- Powwow Dancers. Roberts, Chris // Appleseeds;Oct98, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p18
Shows photographs of colorful clothes and joyful faces of the powwow dancers in Montana. Photo of a young Traditional Dancer at the competition in Browning; Photo of a young male Fancy Dancer at North American Indian Days in Browning; Photo of a young Fancy Shawl Dancer at the Rocky Bay Powwow;...
- Color in motion. // Navajo Times;4/15/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 15, pC5
Several photographs depicting the performers at the 3rd Annual San Juan College Contest Powwow which was held on April 3, 2010 at the McGee Park in Farmington, New Mexico.
- Team Dancing. // Whispering Wind;2009, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p44
Photographs of several Indians during their Team Dance event in the U.S. are presented.
- Mind dances. Born, William // New Scientist;2/16/91, Vol. 129 Issue 1756, p56
Reviews the dance opera 'Correspondences: The Work and Imagination of Mathematician S. Ramanujan,' performed by the Shobana Jeyasingh Dance Company in London, England in February 1991.