A Collaboration: Listening in a Good Way
- LSCA funds terminal sharing among Milwaukee libraries. // Library Journal;1/15/1982, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p134
Reports that the Wisconsin State Library has decided to put LSCA funding into an Online Computer Library Center terminal sharing center that will enable six Milwaukee area libraries to share a terminal. Libraries participating in the project; Provision of online searching and cataloguing...
- 'Hot Topics File' speeds work at SUNY-Oswego reference desk. // Library Journal;3/15/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p534
Reports that stock copies of computer searches at the Penfield Library, State University of New York in Oswego, New York have already covered the 'hot topics' identified by the library staff as of March 1984.
- Annual library system certification to begin Jan. 2. // Insight;Dec2013, p2
The article announces that the State Library's Annual Library Certification online certification process for regional library system member libraries will be on January 2, 2014 until March 31, 2014.
- Native American School libraries: A survey. McCauley, Elfrieda // School Library Journal;Apr91, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p34
Considers that despite uneven progress toward the 1985 American Association of School Librarians' Standard, most Native American school libraries have book collections sufficient to their needs. The 1990 survey; Predecessor of the survey; Findings in the survey; Details of the questionnaire...
- Colorado State Library Talks Virtual Reference. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;9/15/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 15, p25
The article offers a look at virtual reference services discussed at the Colorado State Library symposium. Virtual reference collaboratives quickly are gaining ground. The Colorado State Library (CSL) recently hosted a Denver symposium devoted to the subject, which revealed that steady growth in...
- QUICK CLICKS. // American Libraries;Oct2004, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p69
Presents news briefs related to libraries and information technology in the U.S. as of October 2004. Expansion of the Auto-Graphics implementation of Kansas State Library with Agent for federated searching in Topeka; Release of a version of the Polaris ExpressCheck by GIS that enables fully...
- Reference staff profile. // Inform Quarterly;Spring2007, p2
The article profiles Carol Weyhrich, a member of the Illinois State Library Reference Section. She started working at the state library after graduating from Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C. in 1979. In her first 20 years at the library, she worked on federal documents and in the...
- Oregon LSCA grant projects foster multitype cooperation. // Library Journal;6/15/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p1170
Reports that the list of LSCA grants issued by the Oregon State Library shows a strong emphasis on practical multitype cooperative schemes.
- Multitype co-op project studied in New Mexico. // Library Journal;6/15/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p1170
Reports that three libraries in the northern part of New Mexico will study the feasibility of setting up a library consortium with the aid of a grant from the New Mexico State Library.