Morongo Tribe Brings Thanksgiving Early for Fire Evacuees
- Needed: Help, not hassles. Hyatt, John T. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/10/2005, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p42
Presents a narrative of the author's experience of being evacuated from New Orleans, Louisiana because of Hurricane Katrina. Number of days spent by the author to be transferred to Superdome; Efforts made to save himself and his wife; Reason for not returning to New Orleans.
- Neighbors stick together in quake-relief camps. Elton, Catherine // Christian Science Monitor;1/18/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 37, p7
Discusses rescue and relief efforts being provided by the international community in El Salvador in light of an earthquake there. Evacuations of towns; Description of the relief camps erected for people who were made homeless by the quake; Shortcomings of the relief camps.
- Louisiana Exodus. O'Connor, Terry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/5/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the problems confronting the victims of Hurricane Katrina during their evacuation from New Orleans, Louisiana. Prevalence of evacuees faced with financial crisis; Extent of looting in the city; Concern over job prospects following the recovery.
- The Long Walk Home. Baker, Aryn // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/17/2006, Issue 15, p44
The article focuses on the efforts of residents of Kashmir, India to rebuild their lives in the wake of the 7.6-magnitude earthquake that hammered northern Pakistan and India on October 8, 2005, which took some 75,000 lives, injured 130,000 and left nearly 3.5 million people without food, jobs...
- Planning for Disasters: Sheltering Persons With Special Health Needs. Gulitz, E. // American Journal of Public Health;Jul1990, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p879
The article reports on the lack of health care services for shelter evacuees in United States. Hurricane Elena which arrived in the fall of 1985 forced a large number of Americans to evacuate to Red Cross Shelters. It was found out later that 23 percent of the evacuees had some identifiable...
- Amid the Survivors. Alford, Deann // Christianity Today;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p84
Highlights the assistance provided by Christian churches to victims of Hurricane Katrina in Louisiana and Mississippi in September 2005. Number of victims who were evacuated to Texas; Formation of the Operation Compassion disaster relief initiative called by Ed Young, pastor of Second Baptist...
- feedback. // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2013, Issue 154, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Disaster Relief--Help for Fire Victims," in the February 2013 issue, "Self-Serving," in the December-January 2013 issue, and a commendation on the journal.
- Area avoids worst of Ike. // Malakoff News (TX);9/19/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 38, p1A
The article reports on the evacuation of the Henderson County, Texas residents to Countryside Inn and to the several churches in Texas during the Hurricane Ike.
- Coalition of the fleeing. Toohey, Paul // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/1/2006, Vol. 124 Issue 6531, p8
The article focuses on the evacuation of Australians from Lebanon. Nearly 3000 Australians were evacuated from Lebanon mostly to Cyprus on chartered cruise ships and then on available flights to Australia. Australia which lagged behind in the evacuation process couldn't get any guarantees from...