BIG TIMES/LITTLE TIMES
- Chefs Cook up Katrina Relief. Graff, Garret M. // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2005, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the fundraising events for victims of Hurricane Katrina organized by chefs in Washington, D.C.
- Tsunami relief efforts. // American City & County;Feb2005, Vol. 120 Issue 2, p24
Highlights the amount raised by several local governments in the U.S. for victims of the tsunami which hit Asia on December 26, 2005.
- Tsunami, a year on. Dwyer, Ben // Sustain' Magazine;2005, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses the efforts of the North Andaman Tsunami Relief Fund (NATR) to help the victims of the tsunami tragedy in Asia in 2004. The devastation caused by the tsunami in Thailand is discussed. The article mentions the food-delivery programmes and school-scholarship initiatives...
- Firms Respond To Hurricanes. // Public Accounting Report;9/30/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p2
The article focuses on the efforts of accounting firms to help victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in the U.S. in 2005. Accounting firm KPMG is matching individual employee donations to the KPMG Disaster Relief Fund and has removed the annual cap on voluntary employee contributions....
- Industry joins tsunami relief efforts. Kirsche, Michelle L. // Drug Store News;1/17/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the financial donations of the leading pharmacy retailers, employees and customers to the tsunami relief efforts in the U.S. Contribution of money and products by CVS; Initiation of a chainwide fundraising effort allowing customers to purchase disaster relief certificates by Rite Aid;...
- Quake Causes Housing Disaster. // National Mortgage News;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the devastation incurred by earthquake in Pakistan, India and Afghanistan. Provision of emergency supplies to the affected parts of three countries by the Salvation Army; Impact of landslides on aid efforts; Generation of funds to help provide relief in earthquake-damaged area by...
- LONG ROAD AHEAD. Smith, Steph // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;9/26/2005, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p4
Reports on fundraising activities initiated by school children in the U.S. to help hurricane Katrina victims in New Orleans, Louisiana. Worth of donations made to Katrina relief groups; Challenges facing hurricane survivors; Cause of the flood in the region. INSET: HOW HURRICANES FORM.
- "WAVE AID": Tsunami relief at the Int'l School of Prague. Mobbs, Tony // International Educator;Oct2005, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p33
Provides information on the Wave Aid tsunami relief efforts launched by a group of students at the International School of Prague in the Czech Republic in 2004. Theme of the effort; Ways in which each student council raised funds for the victims of tsunamis; Outcome of the initiative.
- Build stamina into fund-raising drive. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/14/2005, p25
The article reports on how marketing communications industry, media agencies and business enterprises worldwide have generously come forward to provide relief for the tsunami victims. Marketers, agencies and media owners have generously donated in cash and kind for immediate relief across the...