BEWARE THE PERFECT RECORD
- Rule # 3 Leadership Is Confusing As Hell. Peters, Tom // Fast Company;Mar2001, Issue 44, p124
This article discusses the qualities of business leaders. Leaders create their own destinies. Only people who make personal determinations to be leaders will survive. Leaders understand the ultimate power of relationships. Leaders love to work with other leaders. They do not create followers,...
- Leadership Fairfield County Recruitment Now Underway. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/1/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p16
Announces the commencement of the Leadership Fairfield County, a leadership training program in Connecticut. Involvement of several business leaders; Aim of developing executive ability; Provision of opportunity to examine and debate community issues.
- Leaders wanted. C.K. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/22/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p5A
No abstract available.
- The `permanent' acting leader: Insights from a dying Indian R&D Organization. Mouly, V. Suchitra; Sankaran, Jayaram K. // Leadership Quarterly;Winter99, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p637
Despite its frequent occurrence in educational institutions, the phenomenon of the "acting leader" has not received much attention in the academic literature. Moreover, the extant literature is situated largely in the context of organizations, such as universities, in which interim...
- A True Leader Should Be Able to Follow These Fine Principles. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;11/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p14
The article offers tips on how to be an excellent leader such as setting their priorities, demanding excellence standards, and paying attention to detail.
- Launch Your Team. // OfficePro;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p12
The article presents advice on becoming an effective corporate leader, according to Linda Hill and Kent Lineback, co-authors of "Being The Boss: The 3 Imperatives for Becoming a Great Leader," which include setting specific goals for team members, being flexible, and setting up specific rules.
- When leadership is leaving. Birchfield, Reg // New Zealand Management;Apr2003, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p3
Introduces a series of articles on the leadership skills of business executives in the U.S.
- Stepping up, Stepping down. Birchfield, Reg // New Zealand Management;Feb2005, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p4
Introduces a series of articles on executive leadership.
- FIRST-CLASS COACH. Kennett, Miranda // Management Today;Feb2008, p72
The article presents an answer to a question related to leadership conflict between one's head and heart.