Bias Against Overweight Job Applicants in a Simulated Employment Interview
- Employment Interview on Trial: Linking Interview Structure With Litigation Outcomes. Williamson, Laura Gollub; Campion, James E.; Malos, Stanley B.; Roehling, Mark V.; Campion, Michael A. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Dec97, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p900
The authors linked interview structure and litigation outcomes conceptually and empirically. Using legal and psychological literatures, they established a conceptual link based on reduced opportunities for differential treatment through standardization, reduced potential for bias through...
- Stubborn Prejudice. Yagelo, Kathleen A. // Progressive;Aug86, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on the prejudice against the obese in the U.S.
- Effective Interviews. Skinner, Merna // Executive Excellence;Nov2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p13
Provides guidelines for effective interviewing and evaluating employees in the United States. Impact of careful planning of interviewing strategies on cost and expenses of employee hiring; Importance of using language that describes interviewee culture and value; Set up expectations in order to...
- ASK AN EXPERT. // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p5
The article provides an answer to a question of how to handle the job applicant's mistake during job interviews.
- Walk a fine line when questioning job applicants. Fishman, Allen // Inside Tucson Business;10/26/98, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p26
Discusses tips on how to interview job applicants. Fine line that constitutes permissible and discrimination; Use of age specifications or limitations; Satisfaction of administrative conditions.
- What Do Recruiters Want? // BizEd;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p9
Identifies the characteristics corporate recruiters focus on most closely when interviewing business school graduates for jobs. Interpersonal sills; Ability to work well with other team members.
- These questions will improve your hiring. Chase, Landy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/28/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 49
Discusses tips on asking questions during a job interview. Examination of the answers of the interviewee.
- The structured interview: An alternative to the assessment center? Lowry, Phillip E. // Public Personnel Management;Summer94, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p201
Discusses how to improve the validity and reliability of structured interviews. Interview as the most widely used personnel selection process; Process consistency; Scoring procedures; Obligations to the candidates.
- How to interview job applicants legally. Arkin, Joseph // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/19/96, Vol. 197 Issue 8, p107
Discusses considerations that should influence the interview process in job application. Objectives of the process; Discussing the position with people who are already doing the job; Applicant selection management.