Talk Amongst Yourselves
- Modular Communications Systems/Moducom. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2002, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p22
Features the UltraCom E9-1-1 radio dispatch console system from Modular Communications Systems.
- Automated Test System. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p6
The article focuses on the Galaxy Automated Test System for portable gas detection instruments from MSA Inc. The system is equipped with a software providing advanced memory card capabilities. Other features are instrument charging, test receipt printer, battery pack and in-line gas cylinder holder.
- Gas detection. // WaterWorld;Nov2000, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p5
This article reports that the company MSA's Instrument Division has released the Ultima Plus Digital Network System, a high-performance gas detection system offering peer-to-peer digital communications for its gas monitor family of products. The system is a high-speed modular communications...
- Building a FD Comm System Can Be Tricky. Bischoff, Glenn // Fire Chief;Sep2009, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the purchase of a 700/800 megahertz (MHz) trunked simulcast system from Motorola Inc. to replace the legacy radio system in Phoenix, Arizona. However, Phoenix Fire Department deputy chief Leif Anderson stated that the fire department found the system not well suited for...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Aug2009, Vol. 162 Issue 8, p125
The article evaluates products for the fire service including the A4000 Hose Reel from Hannay, the Firehawk M7 Value Configurations from MSA and the AirQuestSMT breathing air system from Eagle Compressors.
- Multigas personal alarm. // Occupational Hazards;Jul97, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p29
Presents information on the Passport FiveStar Personal Alarm from MSA Incorporated of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. Limited amount of sensors used in the alarm system; Features of the system.
- Mine safety appliances receives environmental excellence award. // Professional Safety;Apr97, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p59
Reports on the 1996 Environmental Excellence Award from the National Association of Environmental Management won by the Mine Safety Appliances Company (MSA) of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania for its domestic environmental management program. Information on the program; Comments from John T. Ryan III,...
- MSA agrees to rose manufacturing acquisition. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Dec96, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p21
States that the Mine Safety Appliances (MSA) Company has reached an agreement to acquire Rose Manufacturing Company.
- MSA to replace faulty cassettes. // Coal Age;Mar1998, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p15
Reports that Mine Safety Appliances (MSA) is replacing coal mine dust sampling cassettes, which are used to measure respirable dust levels in mines. Reference to the Mine Safety and Health Administration requirements; Problems detected in the cassettes.