WHO NEEDS A PH.D.?
- Meet … Frank Happey. // Textile Institute & Industry;Jul1964, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p164
The article profiles Frank Happey, a physicists. He received his bachelor's degree in Physics and stayed to do research in Textile Physics for the philosophy degree. He joined British Celanese Ltd. as a research physicist to work on fiber structures in 1932. He was offered the position as head...
- Bachelor's Degrees and What They're Worth. // Teaching Pre K-8;May90, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p8
Presents a chart illustrating the total value of bachelor's degrees based on starting salaries in 1990. Chemical engineering; Marketing; Nursing.
- Security Professionals Complete Career-Related Degrees Online. // Government Security;Dec2004, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p42
Introduces accelerated bachelor's degree completion programs of Bellevue University in Bellevue, Nebraska. Development of a proprietary Cyber-Active Learning Classroom; Discussion of how acceleration work; Contact information.
- Taking Dirty Money. // Time;9/13/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p22
The article focuses on how Patrick Murphy, police commissioner of Detroit, Michigan, has taken initiatives for personnel changes in police departments for eliminating police corruption in the New York City. It tells that Murphy has demoted two inspectors and has removed six precinct captains....
- Comparing the Frequency of Physical Examination Techniques Performed by Associate and Baccalaureate Degree Prepared Nurses in Clinical Practice: Does Education Make a Difference? Giddens, Jean // Journal of Nursing Education;Mar2006, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p136
Rapid changes in health care have underscored the need for reform in health professions education, including nursing education. One of many problems cited in the nursing and other health sciences education literature is overcrowded curricula; therefore, an evaluation of content is necessary. The...
- PROGRESS REPORT. // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/19/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that the percentage of Ohio residents who have a bachelor's degree has increased since 1990. It was revealed by a new report from the National Center for Public Policy and Higher Education of the U.S. It was revealed that the state's percentage is still below the U.S. average...
- Closing the Degree Divide. Garmon, John // Community College Week;4/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p4
Comments on the prevalence of a lack of access to a bachelor's degree in the U.S. higher education system as of April 14, 2003. Problem discussed in the book 'The Neglected Minority,' by Dale Parnell; Need for the education system in the U.S. to be world-class; Opportunity provided by the...
- 2+2=? Lane, Kristina // Community College Week;4/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p6
Focuses on the threat posed by offering bachelor's degrees to the nature of community colleges in the U.S. Views on the need to offer bachelor's degrees; Popularity of the request for baccalaureate certification; Colleges that have acquired approval to offer four-year degrees independently.
- What Is an...Architectural Acoustician? // Career World;Oct2004, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p5
Presents information on an architectural acoustician. Description of the work of architectural acousticians; List of bachelor's degree programs related to architectural acoustic careers.