- Decontamination Operations in a Mass Casualty Scenario. Snyder, Michael L.; Sobieski, Thomas J. // JFQ: Joint Force Quarterly;Autumn2008, Issue 51, p57
The article discusses the readiness of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) to conduct decontamination operations for mass casualty scenario of a bioterrorism. It notes that the DOD has the capability to provide decontamination in support of civilian authorities. With its capability, the DOD...
- Mist opportunity. Firth, Niall // Engineer (00137758);8/22/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7682, p10
Reports on the testing a PDX Basilik, a British-developed system that deluges chemical or biological agents with six trillion droplets of decontaminate per second, by the U.S. military. Penetration of the areas affected by airborne hazardous particles with an ultra-fine mist of decontaminating...
- Decontamination planning includes variety of issues, experts advise. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;11/12/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p2
Discusses the factors to consider in examining the decontamination policies and procedures of health care facilities in the United States. Privacy issues related to decontamination; Readiness plans of hospitals; Communication systems to facilitate the need for evacuation.
- White powder triggers lockdown of ED, as fire and police respond. // ED Management;Dec2007, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p133
When an unauthorized individual walked into the ED at a Tennessee hospital, he placed a bottle of white power in the department and left, which resulted in a lockdown. Prompt action is essential when an unidentified substance is discovered: â€¢ If the substance is in a package or an...
- Nurses prepare for Olympics by testing decontamination tent. // Emergency Nurse;Jul2012, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p5
The article reports the preparation being undertaken by Emergency Department (ED) staff at St Mary's Hospital, part of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, in London, for this year's Olympic and Paralympic Games by testing a decontamination tent.
- DZIAÅANIA RATOWNICZE W PRZYPADKU ZAGROÅ»ENIA CHEMICZNEGO. WĘSIERSKI, Tomasz; GAŁĄZKOWSKF, Robert; ZBOINA, Jacek // Safety & Fire Technique / Bezpieczenstwo i Technika Pozarnicza;2013, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p19
The organization of rescue operations during the incidents, in which the risk factor is raised by the presence of chemical substances, categorizes itself among the most difficult rescue operations. Its course and the effectiveness depends on the preparation of all entities participating in the...
- Tent-Side Manner. East, Philip // Fire Chief;Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p82
Discusses the one ladder company method for mass decontamination. Capability to eliminate 70-80% of the contaminant material in the victim's body; Implications for fire fighting; Factors that should be considered in decontaminating.
- Over Here. // Saturday Evening Post;2/27/1943, Vol. 215 Issue 35, p40
The article cites ideas related to war as suggested by U.S. citizens active in civilian defense. It includes using motorboats as a medium of communication, creation of a gas decontamination squad that will use laundry vats and use of power lines to transmit radio messages during air raids.
- Nationwide decontamination service. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on a decontamination service that will provide advice and guidance on decontaminating buildings and the environment after a chemical or nuclear incident developed by the British government. Benefits of the service according to Elliot Morley, Minister of State for the Environment;...