Desperately Seeking Refi Candidates
- Focus on... // Practical Accountant;Mar2001, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the type of callable bond called step-up bond. Yield; Liquidity; Risk.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;07/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30180, p21
Lists bond calls and redemptions in the United States. Includes California's Contra Costa County variable rate demand multifamily mortgage revenue funding bonds; Colorado's Idaho Springs Downtown Special Improvement District No. 1; Pennsylvania's Alburtis Borough sewer revenue bonds.
- THE TOXIC CONVERTIBLE: ESTABLISHING MANIPULATION IN THE WAKE OF SHORT SALES. Nayini, Deepa // Emory Law Journal;Winter2005, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p721
Discusses toxic convertibles in the United States. Way in which an investor who buys a toxic convertible can manipulate the market for the underlying stock by aggressively selling the stock short; Purpose of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934; Use of the act as a legitimate tool to police...
- Back to Normal. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Feb2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p100
The article presents an analysis of convertible securities. According to Alan Muschott, portfolio manager of the Franklin Convertible Securities Fund, convertibles offer strong risk-adjusted returns in a bear market and are also dependable during stock market recovery. Convertibles also offer...
- Some investors leery of latest European bonds. Carter, Drew // Pensions & Investments;3/7/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p4
The article informs that institutional bond investors are being attracted by two new types of European debt to boost returns in a low-rate environment. It has been stated that one type of European debt target the European Union (EU) bailouts and others offer convertible securities. It has been...
- Noncallables aid Nassau County, N.Y. sale. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;08/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30205, p2
Reports that the noncallable feature on $110 million of Nassau County, New York general improvement refunding bonds was one factor spurring demand for the loan.
- Junk Bond Deals Dress in I-Grade Covenants. M. S. // Bank Loan Report;5/17/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on perception by market observers towards the market of bond covenants in the U.S. in 2010. Observers assert that bond covenants are a junk and make investors and issuers to expect holding if the market will never recover. They also assess that the market condition was due to...
- Bond Calls & Redemptions. // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p22
Presents information on the call dates of bonds in New Jersey and Wisconsin, United States. Amount; Due date; Status.
- Considering callables. // Credit Union Management;Oct97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p17
Offers advice for credit unions on how to invest in callable bonds in the United States. Ways on how to capitalize on income opportunities; Advantages of investing in callable bonds; Purchase of low-yielding bonds.