People in the News
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;12/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p3
Presents the New York Times bestseller ratings scorecard of publishers. HarperCollins; Scholastic; Simon & Schuster.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 46, p5
The article offers publishing industry news briefs as of November 12, 2012, on topics including publisher Simon & Schuster's third-quarter 2012 earnings announcement, changes to publisher HarperCollins's distribution logistics, and a director change at publisher Quarto.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;12/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p7
Presents the "New York Times" Bestseller Scorecard for the top ten publishers as of December 2003. Random House; HarperCollins; Simon & Schuster; Penguin Group USA.
- 2004 Paperback Fiction Bestsellers By Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;6/14/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p8
This article presents al list of several top book publishers, alongoeth the number of their bestseller books, for the week ended June 13, 2004. The publishers included are Random House Inc., Penguin Group USA Inc., Simon & Schuster Inc., and HarperCollins Publishers Inc.
- HarpersCollins Holding Lead In Children's Bestseller Lists. // Book Publishing Report;4/18/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the distinction of HarperCollins Children's Books as the number one publisher of the "New York Times" children's list, in the U.S. List of popular titles published by the company such as "The Princess Diaries"; Rank of Simon & Schuster Inc. which has published "Kira-Kira," by Cynthia...
- E-Books? So What's the Big Deal? Bishop, Chanitra; Visser, Marijke // Young Adult Library Services;Spring2013, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the advent of e-books. According to the author, the e-book market is a challenge as it is uncharted waters for all of the players with publishers reinventing publishing for the digital world while distributors and authors are creating different niches. Hachette,...
- Marvel To Boost Licensing Revenue In Deal With Four Publishers. // Book Publishing Report;1/24/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the licensing deal of Marvel Enterprises Inc. with publishers, Simon & Schuster, Penguin's DK Publishing, HarperCollins and Meredith Corp. to publish books in a variety of formats tied to Marvel characters and properties. Terms of the agreement; Absence of financial terms disclosed in...
- Latest Quarterly Results Erratic; Profits Flat or Down. // Book Publishing Report;May2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p10
The article offers information about the business activities of several publishers in 2007 and 2008 in the U.S. Simon & Schuster Inc. experienced a 32 percent decline in its operating profit for the first quarter of 2008 and a 12 percent drop in the first quarter of 2007. HarperCollins...