- Chris Jackson. Pride, Felicia // Publishers Weekly;6/16/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 24, p20
The article features Chris Jackson, executive editor at Spiegel & Grau. He likes to joke about this urge to proselytize, blaming his need to spread the gospel of fresh ideas and literary aesthetics on his Jehovah's Witness upbringing. One of his first jobs in publishing was for now-defunct...
- Random, Wiley in business book deals. // Publishers Weekly;4/10/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 15, p9
Reports on Random House Inc. and John Wiley & Sons' separate publishing partnerships with smaller media firms. Random House's team-up with Kiplinger Washington Editors to publish finance and other business books; Wiley's alliance with Adweek Magazines to create the Adweek Books imprint.
- Robert Bernstein Joins Wiley. Hoffert, Barbara; Quinn, Judy; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;4/1/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 6, p19
Announces that Robert Bernstein, who was chair and president of Random House, has been appointed advisor and publisher-at-large to the trade division of John Wiley & Sons (JWS). Business of JWS in the scientific, professional, and technical publishing markets, which it wanted to expand into...
- Consolidating. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/1/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 40, p11
Provides information on the integration process of several companies as of October 2001. Details on the agreement between Random House and Golden Books; Information on a memo which came from Joerg Pfuhl, president of publishing development for Random House; Executives who are leaving John Wiley...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;7/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p8
Presents financial news in the book publishing industry, as of July 2002. Millbrook Press; John Wiley & Sons.
- Wiley Embraces Consumer Computer Books While Other Publishers Avoid Them. // Book Publishing Report;11/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p2
Reports that book publisher John Wiley and Sons Inc. is planning to expand its title lists by embracing consumer computer books in the U.S. Strength of the market for computer books; Estimated consumer computer book sales from 2000-2003; Market share in the technology segment.
- Ziff Davis Launches Book Series with John Wiley. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p7
Reports that Ziff Davis Media has launched a series of technology-related books enlisting the help of John Wiley and Sons as producer. Significance of the move to Ziff Davis.
- Revenue Down Slightly At John Wiley & Sons P/T Segment. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p4
Reports that John Wiley & Sons Inc. has reported a slight decline in revenue for fiscal quarter 2005 in the U.S. List of the company's flagship titles for the quarter; Factor that caused the sluggish financial performance; Statement of CEO William Pesce, on what drives the year-on-year growth...
- CCNY's PCP Program: 14 Years of Building Diversity. Patrick, Diane // Publishers Weekly;4/18/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 16, p6
The article offers information on the Publishing Certificate Program (PCP) at the City College of New York in New York City. The program, which is in its 14th year in 2011, is aimed at preparing students for a career in publishing. According to David Unger, director of PCP, the program currently...