Americana Publishing Completes CD and Tape Duplication Facility
- Multimedia Publisher Plans To Pick Up Printer To Strengthen Services. // Book Publishing Report;03/06/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the plans of multimedia publisher Americana Publishing Inc. to purchase a printer to expand the business-to-business services it offers to other publishers. Expected completion of the deal.
- Acquisitive Americana Publishing Buys Hollis, Starting Vanity Press. // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p5
Reports on multi-media publishing company Americana Publishing Inc.'s acquisition of Hollis Books LLC. Expected boost in the sales of Americana Publishing in 2001; Publication of titles under the name, Hollis Americana.
- Americana Publishing Sells Audio Books Through Trucking Companies. // Book Publishing Report;11/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p4
Reports on the marketing campaign of U.S.-based Americana Publishing Inc. in selling its audio books. Number of trucking companies it had reached to help disseminate the books; Discount rate allowed to truck drivers; Amount of revenue generated thru the campaign.
- The City of Vision evolves. Vorenberg, Sue // New Mexico Business Journal;Apr/May99, Vol. 23 Issue 3, pR1
Focuses on Albuquerque, New Mexico businessman George Lovato Jr.'s plan to take his publishing firm, Americana, from private to private ownership. Three good reasons for going public; Complexity of the paperwork; Emphasis on investor relations.
- A Call for Collective Action. Lichtenberg, James // Publishers Weekly;7/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 29, p12
Comments on the lack of effort of the book publishing industry to encourage reading in the U.S. Interest of the industry in protecting copyright; Result of the lack of governmental protection for book publishing; Importance of industry support for technologies and creative business models.
- BOOK BRIEFS. // Book Publishing Report;11/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p7
Presents news briefs related to the book industry in the U.S. as of November 2003. Americana Publishing Inc.'s final stages of manuscript development for the book 'Hiding Under the Table,' by Dennis Henning; Hyperion's plan to publish a book by comedian George Carlin; Reason for the recall of...
- New Web site launched to help small publishing houses sell books. // Book Publishing Report;10/04/99, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p5
Focuses on New Mexico-based Americana Publishing Inc.'s introduction of an electronic commerce site, americanabooks.com. Utilization of a proprietary search engine; Chance for customers to download audio books and electronic books onto personal computers.
- Publishers ready new titles, ad rate packages for 2003. Liebman, Milton // Medical Marketing & Media;Sep2002, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the business plans of the journal publishers in the U.S. Publication of magazine on diabetes and endocrine disorders; Inclusion of pharmaceutical advertising; Support of the nonprofit group on the publication of the journal.
- Marketing magic. McGuckin, Frances // Quill & Quire;Jun2001, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p17
Comments on the problems of the bookselling industry on independent retail booksellers in Canada. Marketing strategy of various booksellers; Importance of developing solid written and verbal communication skills; Tips in promoting bookstores.