Cambium Learning Gains K-12 Foothold with Two Acquisitions
- HM Expecting Strong Third Qtr. // Publishers Weekly;10/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 41, p15
Focuses on Houghton Miffflin's statement that it expects its third quarter performance to exceed expectations. Comments of Nader Darehshori, company chairman; Reasons for optimism; Company statistics and forecasting; Two additions to the board of directors.
- Houghton Mifflin's CEO hopes to globalize his company's outlook. Sherman, S.; Reuter, M. // Publishers Weekly;7/12/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 30, p19
Presents an interview with Nader Darehshori, CEO of Houghton Mifflin. Changes in textbook publishing; Going international; Trade publishing as a literary cache; Textbooks vs. social problems; Additional comments from Darehshori.
- With New Venture Aptius Education, Darehshori Targets the Higher Ed Market. // Educational Marketer;7/23/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p3
The article reports on the strategic business plans of retired chairman, president and chief executive officer (CEO) Nader Darehshori of Houghton Mifflin Co. He left the company and has set up his new business named Aptius Education, which is based in Wellesley, Massachusetts. Meanwhile, the...
- HM Will Hit Year 2000 Goals, Says Darehshori. // Publishers Weekly;11/23/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 47, p11
Notes that Houghton Mifflin is on track to reach its sales and operating margin goals for the year 2000. Sales in 1998; Revenues in 1999; Views of chairman Nader Darehshori.
- As Retirement Looms, Houghton Mifflin's Darehshori Reflects On Educational Publishing. // Educational Marketer;05/21/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p1
Provides information on various major changes in the educational publishing industry, according to Nader Darehshori, chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin.
- Houghton CEO To Leave At Years End. // Electronic Education Report;05/09/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p8
Reports the retirement of Nader Darehshori as chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin Co. in Boston, Massachusetts. Selection of candidates to replace Darehshori; Announcement of Darehshori's retirement; Growth in the educational technology line of the company.
- Darehshori Can't Stay Away and Is Shopping for an Education Property. // Educational Marketer;6/16/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p2
Reports on Nader Darehshori's plan to buy an education publishing company in the U.S.
- Internet law library diversifies sources of revenue. // Online Product News;Feb2000, p3
Reports the acquisition of GoverNet Affairs by Internet Law Library in Houston, Texas. Acquisition as part of the revenue diversification strategies of Internet Law Library; Addition of clients and legal research services; Provision of the first comprehensive Legislative Information Management...
- Bad Year? Pick Only the Best. Springsteel, Ian // Treasury & Risk Management;Nov2002, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p49
Focuses on corporate merger and acquisition deals in the U.S. as of November 2002. Decline in value of merger and acquisition deals; Comparison with merger deals in the years 2000 and 2001; Increase in value of deals using cash; Decline in stock-based deals; Outlook for the leveraged buyout market.