Thomas Nelson Posts 3Q Gains
- Solid Gains at Nelson. // Publishers Weekly;11/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 46, p14
Reports on the financial performance of publisher Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. in 2003. Rise in the total sales and net income of the company in the second quarter ended September 30; Reaction of company Chairman Sam Moore on the company's sales in the general book market; Weak spots of the...
- Thomas Nelson Q2 Revenues Dips 3%; Company Mulls Acquisitions. // Book Publishing Report;11/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p1
The article presents information on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson for its second quarter ending September 30, 2004. The company's revenues fell 3%, from $63.8 million to $61.9 million, in the period, compared to the same period last year. Net income also fell 3%, from $6.6 million...
- Nelson Looking to Acquisitions for Growth. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;8/18/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 33, p10
Reports on the plan of publishing company Thomas Nelson to acquire small publishers in the U.S. as of August 18, 2003. Earnings and revenue of the company as of the first quarter that ended on June 30, 2003; Increase in the operating income of Thomas Nelson; Views of Thomas Nelson CEO Sam Moore...
- Sales, Earnings Fall at Nelson. // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 7, p80
Provides information on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson. Decline in the company's sales in December 1999; Factors which contributed to the decreased sales; Remarks from Company Chairman Sam Moore; Percentage of stake acquired by the company in New Life Treatment Centers.
- THOMAS NELSON BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;9/11/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 36, p12
The article presents statistics on publisher Thomas Nelson. It includes total Nelson sales in fiscal 2006, number of employees as of March 2006, number of new titles released in fiscal 2004, 2005, and 2006, as well as the percentage of publishing division sales generated by backlist titles in...
- Thomas Nelson Revenues Up 13% In Q3, Conference Biz Grows. // Book Publishing Report;2/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the financial performance of religious publisher Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the third quarter of fiscal 2005 in the U.S. Growth in revenues and net income; Function of Christian conferences organized as sales channel for its products; Remarks of company CEO Sam Moore regarding...
- Thomas Nelson Hoping To Start Industry Trend With Higher Prices. // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the decision of publisher Thomas Nelson to raise its prices. Possible triggering of a trend in the Christian book publishing industry; Costs of hardcover books and trade paperbacks starting spring 2001.
- Nelson Weathers Difficult Fiscal 2000. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2000. Sales increase in its publishing operations; Reason for the results in the gift operation; Three acquisitions Nelson made in 1999 to boost revenues.
- Flat Year for Thomas Nelson. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/29/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 22, p15
Reports on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the year ended March 31, 2000. Total revenue generated in the year; Net income in fiscal 2000; Impact of the restructuring of the company's gift division.