Publishers Combat Global Book Piracy
- EVANS TALKS TRADE. New, William; Vaida, Bara // National Journal;7/21/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p2337
Interviews United States (U.S.) Commerce Secretary Donald L. Evans, on trade and commerce. His plans for the department; Working relations with U.S. Trade Representative Robert Zoellick; Information on trade-promotion authority; Starting point for talks on trade-promotion authority.
- U.S. turns up heat on Korea over piracy. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/13/2004, Vol. 382 Issue 7, p48
U.S. trade representative Robert Zoellick, the nation's top trade negotiator, has elevated Korea to the priority watch list, the second-highest warning level available before the country faces trade sanctions, in the wake of rampant piracy. Korea has been put under heightened scrutiny because...
- Book Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;3/22/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p7
Presents news items related to the book industry in the United States as of March 22, 2004. Efforts of Robert Zoellick for reaching a free trade agreement with the Dominican Republic; Launching of the autobiography of supermodel Katie Price.
- Robert Zoellick nominated as under secretary for economic and agricultural affairs. // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;2/4/91, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p70
Announces the nomination of Robert B. Zoellick, of the District of Columbia, to be Under Secretary of State for Economic and Agricultural Affairs, succeeding Richard Thomas McCormack, the White House, January 39, 1991. Education and State Department background of Mr. Zoellick.
- IFTA URGES PIRACY PROTECTION. Gil, Bill // Home Media Magazine;12/20/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 51, p6
The article reports that the Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA) has called for tighter protection against online piracy from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- HEAR SAY. // Finweek;8/25/2011, p8
The article presents quotes from Robert B. Zoellick, head of the World Bank on loss of confidence in the economic leadership, South African President Jacob Zuma on controversial African National Congress Youth League leader Julius Malema and Colen Garrow an economist on recession.
- Correction. // Forbes Asia;Aug2010, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p6
A correction to the article "China as a Pilot for Projects," which was published in the July 2010 issue regarding designation misrepresentation of the World Bank president Robert B. Zoellick is presented.
- Book Exports Dipped in First Half of 2010. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/13/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 36, p7
The article reports on the decreased exports for American books from January-June 2010, based on the data issued by the U.S. Department of Commerce. The affected segments in this decline include textbooks, professional books and religious books. It is noted, however, that exports to the top 15...
- Piracy threatens professional book publishers, says study. // Research Information;Apr/May2011, Issue 53, p6
The article reports on the article "Professional Book Piracy Thriving in Cyberspace" in market intelligence firm Simba Information's bi-monthly newsletter Professional Content Report which reveals the threats posed by digital piracy to the revenues of professional book publishers.