TITLE

Nat Geo's 'Assignment' axed

AUTHOR(S)
Dempsey, John
PUB. DATE
February 2004
SOURCE
Daily Variety;2/17/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 36, p49
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
Reports that the National Geographic Channel has canceled its series "On Assignment" due to low ratings. High cost of the show's production.
ACCESSION #
12329931

 

Related Articles

  • SUPERCOASTERS. Vernadakis, George // Multichannel News;5/22/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p31 

    Reviews the documentary television program "SuperCoasters," from the National Geographic Channel.

  • INSIDE THE VIETNAM WAR. Vernadakis, George // Multichannel News;2/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p25 

    The article reviews the television program "Inside the Vietnam War," on the National Geographic Channel on February 18, 2008.

  • Nat'l Geo gets 'World'  // Daily Variety;07/27/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 37, p18 

    Reports that National Geographic Channels Worldwide has licensed the BBC television series `Tomorrow's World.'

  • Nat Geo Seeks Impact. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p24 

    Highlights the plan of National Geographic Channel to add a host of new series and specials in its programming with the aim of continuing its ratings momentum in the U.S. Record ratings success of the channel's September 2005 "Inside 9/11" series; Information on the episodes which will be...

  • THE MONTH IN PICTURES.  // Televisual;Mar2014, p6 

    Several photographs are presented which feature a scene from the TV show "Harry's South Pole Heroes," nominees for the British Animation Awards, and scene from the TV show "On Assignment."

  • Nat Geo Offers Elephantine TV Slate to Sell in Upfront. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;3/10/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p6 

    The article reports that National Geographic Channel is preparing a slate of original programming for the 2008-2009 television season. Shows that will debut during this season include "Master of Disaster," a mix of science and catastrophe, prison documentary "Locked In," and the forensic special...

  • NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL.  // Multichannel News;2/11/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p25 

    The article reports on high-definition (HD) programming by the National Geographic Channel. The company started producing all of its programming in HD in 2005. It launched a simulcast HD service in January 2006, which was made available in about eight million homes citing HD as very important...

  • Mapping Nat Geo's New Road. Grossman, Andrew // Multichannel News;1/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p26 

    The article reports on the launch of high definition television programming of National Geography as of January 9, 2006. At launch, 90% of NGC-HD's shows will be in high definition. The remaining 10% will be standard definition programming. National Geographic Channel's primetime ratings...

  • GONE WITH THE WINDS. CARSON, TOM // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2015, p92 

    The article discusses about television programs of the 1980's and how they have changed now and today the shows one identifes with mainly reflect how privileged or not one is.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics