- Y2K Warnings Falling On Deaf Ears Abroad. Reich-Hale, David // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;07/05/99, Vol. 103 Issue 27, p12
Explores the world's readiness for the Year 2000 (Y2K) computer problem. Comments from businessmen on the attitude of many in the global business community towards Y2K; Y2K developments made by several countries, such as Italy, Japan and others.
- Telecom networks seen not catching millennium bug. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the contingency planning for telecommunication networks in preparation of the year 2000 computer problem or Y2K in the United States. Possibility of a widespread disruption of networks; Scope of Y2K; Efforts of the Federal Communications Commission to handle the problem; Government...
- Let the world know. Parker, Robert G. // CMA Magazine;Nov98, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p30
Presents steps in assisting the communications plans of a company in line with the year 2000 computing compliance. Objectives of a communications program; Factors attributing to the success of communications program.
- Blue skies, smiling faces. Korte, Mills // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/16/98, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p4
Opinion. Comments on issues related to the Year 2000 computer crisis (Y2K). Impact of Y2K problem on non-Y2K electronic devices; Possibility that firms that are Y2K compliant will not be able to communicate with non-Y2K compliant companies; Emergence of lawsuits between those who invested to...
- Small operators hold their breath for Y2K. Kuhl // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p162
Discusses the impact of the Year 2000 computing crisis (Y2K) on small, independent cable operators in the United States. Potentially disruptive effects of Y2K; Concerns about the diligence of local power utilities toward Y2K.
- Litigation Division Note. // Army Lawyer;Jun99, Issue 319, p43
Analyzes the legal issues involved in the year 2000 (Y2K) computing crisis as well as the remediation efforts underway in the United States Army and Department of Defense. Source and scope of the problem; Estimated amount to be spent by companies in the US in making their systems Y2K...
- Senate Passes Y2K Legal Protections, Fails To Vote On Lockbox, House Orders Haiti Pull-Out, OKs Ten Commandments in Schools. // Human Events;07/02/99, Vol. 55 Issue 24, p23
Presents amendments in the United States (US) for July 1999. Order to pull-out US troops in Haiti; Bill on a 24-hour check on gun-show purchases; Year 2000 compromise bill.
- The military and Y2K. Middleton, Saundra // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug99, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on the United States Department of Defense's efforts to address the year 2000 (Y2K) computing crisis. Budget for Y2K remediation initiatives; Discussion of Y2K challenges with Russia; Benefits of remediation efforts to Alaska's Armed Forces.
- Status of Army Systems. // Soldiers;Sep99, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p14
Presents a chart that shows the percentage of United States Army systems that are compliant to year 2000 date conversion as of July 27, 1999.